The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! :)

I really enjoy the games of Demeo. I hope they release some more levels and some more enemies and increase the difficulty. The AI is a bit stupid at the moment. And the mobs love poison. If you throw a poison bomb, enemies from all over the map will be drawn to it just to walk through it several times :p They make no effort to avoid it. At least have them intelligent enough that they don't walk back through it again. Oh, yeah, you got to love the way the mobs constantly attack any player that's invulnerable!! :D

We should have to do a lot more thinking between each move. And use a lot more tactics in fights. I don't know, but, can you change the difficulty at all?

It's odd, I think if they make the AI smarter, they need to give us more reusable talents to be honest, since tactically we're often quite limited in what we can do, the cards we have aren't always that amazing, and would run out quite quickly if we actually had to use them.

Soldato
OP
That's the thing, I think if we encountered a smarter AI, we'd have to use cards every single encounter, and at that point, we're not getting enough cards to offset what we're using. Definitely a balancing issue, and i do agree with you that it would allow for more strategy etc.

Soldato
OP
Hey all, interested in some multiplayer sessions. The only multiplayer game I have at the minute is Pavlov Shack (I believe). Interested in buying Walkabout mini golf as well. Any other recommendations welcome.

I'm not sure how the friends system works on Oculus but my username is pleyor (all caps)

How do monday evenings (around 8pm) suit you? That's our current regular, but we're all available at times during the week, so just say when fits for you and we might be able to setup another session (or just play when available etc). Be nice to have a new face!

Soldato
OP
Another thing we could do is watch a 3D movie together in big-screen. I've got a large collection of 3D movies we could watch. 3D movies in VR look amazing.

Does just one person need it? I wonder if my internet could handle that. Maybe if I do it through the link cable.

I'm happy with walkabout too, we had a new guy going to join right?

Soldato
OP
Yeah Monday evenings should be good for me at the moment. Let me know the details etc and I'll look to join you guys.

@JoeBoi We'll be going this monday at 8pm. Thinking Walkabout mini golf, it supports 5 and you'd be the fifth. It's pretty cheap, and absolutely brilliant, don't know a single person who's regretted getting it.

If Joeboi can't make it, then I'm happy to go with Demeo.

Soldato
OP
Great fun! Well done Mel, absolutely nailed some of those shots! Was it 3 hole in ones?

I'm happy to stick with golf for now, but was wondering if we want to try rec room Laser/paintball, since I think it's teams of 5? And we could run as a team.

Soldato
OP
i think Laser tag is 6 players, (3 a side?) dont think there's a 2v2v2 ?

Might be, fairly sure paintball has more people on each team, not sure if it's upto 5. We can check it out sometime.

Don't think anyone was shouting? Except maybe when someone made those hole in ones! But they were awesome and deserved to be shouted about.

Soldato
OP
nope not at all mate, we just play it for a laugh, we dont keep scores

Except for Mr Klingon @Ravenger

i dont mean any of you telling me off, maybe the Microphone quietens it down, but i got told off for shouting (not by any of you)

I'd guessed it was someone in your home complaining, rather than us. The advantage to being out in the garden!

Might join you ladies and gents for some golf soon. I hope you don't take skill levels too seriously as I am awful at Eleven and so-so at Walkabout.

That'd be great. Though if we're upto 6 we might need to split into 2 groups of 3? Or find another game to play that can support 6!

Soldato
OP
That would put us up to 7. How would people feel if we had everyone in an Oculus Party chat, but split the group into two rooms of walkabout? We play the holes "together" etc, with both groups progessing at the same time. OK, we can't see each others shots, but if we all know the hole we're on etc, I reckon it could work?

EDIT - If the big chat isn't working, we can just drop down to room chat anyway?

Soldato
OP
why didnt we use party chat in the end ?

im not sure putting 2 groups in one "chat" is a good idea, i think that would be really weird if i cant see you...

if we do split, i think its fair if we split up so that 1 new comer with some of us, then the other new comer is another chat with some of us again, so us usual 4 are split into two

Think because we didn't have Joe as a friend, we all went to App chat, then dropped completely because it tried to put us back in Party chat for some reason. Easier to just exit it. Next time, if we're all friends, we can all join the chat without issue, and leave it as Party.

I agree with the split, and we should do that whether we're all in the same chat or not. Mix it up and meet new people.

Soldato
OP
I'm willing to try it! Think I'll need to do it via the link cable if I can.

Haven't seen all of them there, but I'd be more frustrated if it sucks on a film I've not seen yet, so would rather start with one I have.

Seeing as you suggested less than 2 hours, then named a large number of long films, I'd not mind Dredd? Short action, could imagine it's fun in 3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom