The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
That hit on the lamps caused a chain reaction that smashed us. We were close though! I still like the idea of sneaking all around and trying to kill the queen first, in an alpha strike.

Soldato
OP
I got a Reverb v2 about 2 weeks ago, and finally bought Half Life Alyx in the sale this week. 3.5 hours in and it continues to utterly blow my mind.

I also have Beat Saber, Pavlov, Racket NX, and the table tennis game whose name I can’t remember.

We normally play at 8pm on Mondays, but most of us have availability at other times too. Rec Room is free, and has a load of fun stuff in, always good for a laugh. Just post when you're available and what you fancy doing, and we can give it a go.

I'm guessing you mean eleven table tennis? I don't really have room for that at the moment unfortunately. Good game though!

I bet they were in the other side of the map, where the Archers and Giant Spider came from near the end.

It was a nice win, but, It it was easier than I thought it was going to be. I was praising the increase in the intelligence of the AI after the last game, but, this game they were back to doing stupid things. Like that Room with the poison in it, the enemy stomped up and down through that room and never bothered even trying to evade it.

Still very enjoyable game :) Hope they release new maps soon.

I thought the boss running away was pretty smart! Though abusing the AI to poison them does feel a bit gimmicky, though i don't know how much damage it really did to them in the end, felt like we did the vast majority directly!

Soldato
OP
Another tip - make bards go first to cast song of courage and then push forward to open nearby doors. Then the rest of the group can move past them.
Make the guardian (warrior) go last so they can move in front of exposed players to defend them.

Bones are a nice idea, bottle of lye probably works well then too, since that's free, and poison.

Soldato
OP
Sorry I missed your game guys, I'd organised a nightmare run with some others. Managed to find a red disk along the way too, so we got two (one was a duplicate for me though).

Happy to join you next time you're in though. Maybe do a Master level run and get you some decent mods if you don't have masters yet?

Soldato
OP
Right, more than confident to carry you guys through masters if you need it. Just tried a solo run on master difficulty, also didn't bother to buy anything in the shops, and managed to win it. You guys are definitely better than bots!

Soldato
OP
Yeah we were in Party Chat. There is an in-game chat feature isn't there? maybe we could just that for After the Fall.

When you're actually playing a game you can hear each other, but unless you're in the same lobby whilst also in the same party, you can't outside of the game. It's a bit of a mess they're going to resolve. I suspect a lot of it is due to it being crossplay on steam, psvr and oculus (both standalone and rift).

Soldato
OP
Definitely up for some Masters runs with you, but not on Relay tower, it's just too nasty at Masters for newer runners. Skid row is the kindest map to start on. We can maybe do it and I'll show you how it's done in nightmare difficulty to make sure we're safer. Masters is tough when first going upto it that those strats are pretty much needed anyway.

Soldato
OP
The Pc version is much nicer than the Quest 2 version. It's easier to aim and the guns feel better.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it more. Master difficulty is where it starts actually getting tactical as well, so more satisfying. Veteran is still more run and gun and it usually works out.

Soldato
OP
Sorry guys i need to give after the fall a miss tonight , but happy to play something else

went into work this morning, soon as i started work, my left shoulder was in a lot of pain, i couldn't use it hardly all day :(

must have been because of all those reloads of my shotgun last night, doing it quickly because of the reload issue might have buggered it :(

i was so looking forward to it as well

You mean pumping the shotgun? That sucks!

What do we fancy then? Mini golf perhaps? Bit easier on Shi's shoulder.

Soldato
OP
I can donate a rifle to Shi too. If we go with after the fall. Not sure if I'll be on at 8 or a bit before. Will need a break around 8.45 though. Can easily get to a safe spot in after the fall if we're doing that.

Soldato
OP
Next time maybe you guys only keep one booster in wrist, and put the rest around the level for me to save you with ;).

Rav kept getting excited and rushing ahead, triggering waves we weren't ready for! As you get more gear you can run master more confidently and not need to hang back as much as I made us do, but since I know your gear isn't amazing yet, I didn't want to risk a lost run.

Rifles are good at a distance, and I thnk the MT is good for knockback to prevent zombies getting to close, but for damage you're relying on SMG and shotgun really. A lot of my damage will have come from just emptying smg rounds into a mini boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom