The hangout thread (organising social gaming etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, @Unseul @JoeBoi @RockSteddy @Ravenger @ShiWarrior

I am not dead!! :p

Just catching up on this thread now. I am so sorry for not checking in for the last few weeks. Your concern for my well-being has really touched me. I am feeling a little emotional right now. Or maybe you just wanted to make sure I was dead before celebrating!! Never quite sure with you guys :D Seriously though, it's nice to know that someone cares :)

Anyway, the reason for my absence was nothing serious. The last few weeks have been really hectic in work. There was also an increase in the number of basketball trainings in the week as a part of a preseason push before the first game this weekend. There is also one more reason, I was browsing through the list of games on the Epic Store, when I noticed that I had Football Manager 2020. Stupidly I said I would try it out for a quick game and see were the FM games still addictive. The answer is yes, they are!! Really took over every spare moment.

I haven't been on the forums because the day after the last day I was here, I had to put in the authentication code that this site asks for every so often, I just didn't have time and said I would do it later... Then FM2020 happened and every time I said I would check into the forums to see what was happening, I had to do the code thing and I would get side tracked and not bother. Apologies!!

Reading the last few pages has been very interesting. Big changes I see. Shiwarrior has become a MOD!!! What the heck??? lol Does this mean I have to call you Sir now? No more mocking Shi or things will go very badly for me, I might be away from the forum for other reasons :p I also see that Shi almost won last night's game? What is going on with you guys? Afraid to beat the underboss now??? Cowards :D

How is the new map on Walkabout?

And I should be around on Mondays from now on. That will be 5 at least now, sorry Unseul, that might ruin your plans for Jumbotron!! haha go away again Mel!! :p

Rimworld is my equivalent to football manager I think. I've not even played it that many times, but when i do, day turns to night far too quickly!

Great to know that everything is OK, if busy.

The new walkabout map is extremely pretty, but I'm not too excited by most the holes to be honest. A nice addition but not a classic.

Never played Rimworld. I stopped playing Football manager years ago because it was such a time sink and I was kinda addicted to it. Didn't think I would get addicted so quickly this time around :)

Cheers!!

Haven't played VR in weeks, so might give the new map a go over the next few days. Is it worth buying at least?

I'm happy to buy the new maps regardless, I don't think Shi has bought this one, might be a better opinion to ask?

I will probably buy it anyway. Hoping the money goes to making a better level for xmas :)

EDIT: I just checked out Rimworld. I think I will stay away :p It's exactly the type of game I would lose myself in!!
Rimworld is deadly. Such a "Just one more thing" sort of game. Honestly lost hours to that game, thinking it was just 20 minutes.

I thought I was dead and buried a couple of times that round. First two holes went poorly, but then I pulled of the silly bouncing shot to recover. Then bottled it a couple of times. Thankfully Rav did the same to keep me close, then right at the end had that poor hole. It's been a fair few weeks since it's not been close at the top!

I'm going to pull out tonight guys. Probably wouldn't be good company as I'm on edge and needing to leave for twenty minutes likely before we're done just makes it feel more pointless. Should be around next week.

Shagri-La is the one where Mel did two amazingly lucky shots right? The final level where it's the massive drop, and that one where he managed to bounce around and slip under the fence into the level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom