The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

That Killing Floor shot, if that is what it is looks wierd! British money and ambulances, good job. All games seem to be set in the US!

It's by British devs, set in West London :)

*edit*

The devs are based in Georgia, my bad.

Still, the game's set in West London :)

Last edited:
Some Killing Floor :D

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-10-51-00.jpg

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-12-59-05.jpg

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-15-19-36.jpg

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-15-23-07.jpg

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-15-58-90.jpg

KillingFloor2009-05-1517-16-00-10.jpg

Thank you all who commented on my screenshots, I appreciate it and I am glad you enjoyed it. I was thinking of setting up a seperate post for FSX screenshots, I got a lot of nice shots that I think you may enjoy viewing?

Are you using the Real Environment Xtreme add on there? I'm guessing so. Easily the best add on I've seen and adds so much to the look of FSX. :D

Indeed I am, my screenshots would be nothing if it wasn't for so many wonderful addons like REX, which is probably one of the best addons. Without these addons, FSX wouldn't have a soul.

amazing shots of FSX its a shame that there no way I can play that game tho, I find it too slow ;)

Thank you, and I can see where you coming from, but FSX is not a game although you could just fly casually. I been gaming for @25 years, over the past few years I just tired and easily bored with any game released nowadays, inc MMO's. I got into FSX cause it was both interesting and a learning experience, and I simply love the 'view' :)

That looks almost like photo.

Thank, yes, I sometimes get shots that look indeed just like a photo. You should see it running in realtime ;)

Day of Defeat: Source is probably one of my favourite online shooters come to think of it. I haven't played it in ages, but when I do, I always seem to have a really good time.

What sort of setup do you need to run FSX looking like that Soya?

In short: 1) Fast CPU, no major difference between duo and quad so get value for money, recommend 3.5Ghz+ 2) GFX card, Nvidia single core GPU, best 8800GTS, 9800 or Ultra series, NO sli. 3) Decent Memory DDR2/DDR3 4GB+, 4) HD something small and fast, no raid. 4) Decent monitor to view the eye candy(1600x1200 res or more), recommend trying it on a decent HDTV if you have one 5) OS whichever, imo Vista 64, also need addons both payware & freeware to 'up' the looks of FSX cause on its own its rather graphically bland.

In 'not so' short: FSX (+addons) eat up CPU cycles, so the faster the CPU the better. No need for the latest i7, unless you can afford it. I found that FSX runs faster on my E8600 4Ghz then my Q6600 3Ghz. Eventhough FSX, with latest service pack, does make use of multicores, it was coded before the multicore era so it does not take full advantage of it. So I recommend an OC'd duo, 4Ghz+ will get you great results. With that ofcourse you need proper memory, at least 4Gb, DDR2 will be fine, preferably OC'd as well. A single decent HD, best to go for small size, possibly raptor or a decent seagate, I use 500GB seagate but only use half and keep it defragged to load FSX faster and avoid blurries as much as possible. GFX card, from what I have read, best to stick with Nvidia, for the main reason, it handle dense layers of cloud better. Even my ATI 4870 x2 stutters when entering heavy weather, no due to lack of GPU power but simply ATI doesn't handle some of the FSX coding well, ie weather. Although on the flipside, ATI does do slightly better mipmapping so esp at high res, imo FSX looks a bit better visually then Nvidia. No need for high entry Nvidia either, I heard it runs best on the 8800 GTS, 9800+ and esp on the Ultra range. Does not make use of SLI, I heard it may actually cause problems. And last but not least, a decent monitor to show it off, I use my 40'' HDTV 100Hz (see pic below). Oh and ofcourse some control method, I would recommend a Saitek X52, it what I used to start with, it does not break the bank and works well with all flight controls.

100_0127.jpg

Software: Ofcourse FSX, both service packs 1 & 2 unless you have FSX Accel, addons both payware and freeware can add a lot to how FSX looks. ie mine looks like this cause its down to REX, tweaking and modding. Plenty of forums/posts on that to help.

All in all, FSX and its community(which btw is probably its strongest point) is a great way to get into flight simming, whether casual, wanna learn a few things about flying or get into it seriously for your maybe your PPL, or just come to admire the view. Then give FSX a try, to me, FSX grew on me and it took time for my knowledge and system to build up, but you can see the results :)

2009-5-12_4-5-0-755.jpg

2009-5-12_4-56-40-123.jpg

2009-5-12_5-34-47-114.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom