The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Yeah ATI suck for FSX clouds. Turn off clouds and game run at 60fps (limited). Enable weather and drops to 20-40's. Just applied a texture bandwidth from 36 to 400 but not tested yet. Apparantly helps the stuttering.

You feel alittle anoyed when you play Crysis @ 1920*1200 max settings, extreme mod with silky smooth frame rate but you cant on FSX.

Last edited:
Yeah ATI suck for FSX clouds. Turn off clouds and game run at 60fps (limited). Enable weather and drops to 20-40's. Just applied a texture bandwidth from 36 to 400 but not tested yet. Apparantly helps the stuttering.

You feel alittle anoyed when you play Crysis @ 1920*1200 max settings, extreme mod with silky smooth frame rate but you cant on FSX.

Ali, try the fps mod mentioned in http://www.simforums.com/forums/foru....asp?TID=29041, it has helped me tremendously. It seem to work best when you switch on to top settings, in other words stress the cpu & fps. In FSX is not so much about how much FPS you can get, as the ingame FPS counter is bogus anyways, but more about smooth flying. And this little util has made my flying @90% smoother and I can switch on loads of things inc AI now :)

Ali, try the fps mod mentioned in http://www.simforums.com/forums/foru....asp?TID=29041, it has helped me tremendously. It seem to work best when you switch on to top settings, in other words stress the cpu & fps. In FSX is not so much about how much FPS you can get, as the ingame FPS counter is bogus anyways, but more about smooth flying. And this little util has made my flying @90% smoother and I can switch on loads of things inc AI now :)

Il try this when i get home & report back. Food, Lfd, toilet & fsx ...living the dream ;)

Does fsx look any good without all of the mods?

On my system it looks crap even with all the settings shoved to the max. I am running an i7 and 2 4890s. I have the nec 24wmgx3.

It plays well but just doesnt seem to look very good at all! If I bought the REX would this fix it?

Also I sometimes have a different view set up on my hdtv, and this picture generally looks a lot worse again. Like a game would have looked 10 years ago. Despite the res being 1920x1080.

I would post a SS but it would ruin the thread haha.

Are there any settings im missing or something?

Does fsx look any good without all of the mods?

On my system it looks crap even with all the settings shoved to the max. I am running an i7 and 2 4890s. I have the nec 24wmgx3.

It plays well but just doesnt seem to look very good at all! If I bought the REX would this fix it?

Also I sometimes have a different view set up on my hdtv, and this picture generally looks a lot worse again. Like a game would have looked 10 years ago. Despite the res being 1920x1080.

I would post a SS but it would ruin the thread haha.

Are there any settings im missing or something?

I run it in DX9 not DX10, although in can look better in places, it has too many problems in others. Use the above link I mentioned for improving your FSX setup, read it and learn how to tame FSX for your specific system. I would highly recommend REX but check their website and read what it does. Also I recommend looking into UTX & GEX for improving ground scenery/texture. And look into getting some good planes in your hanger, either freeware (not many great looking onces though) or payware, plenty of choice. If you need more help, check google and the links on the above mentioned threads, or gimme a shout if you get really stuck ;).

arma2ingamescreen040931.jpg

arma204tankcombatjpg.jpg

arma202helicoptercombat.jpg

arma2int200808141223113.jpg

arma2ingame35jpg.jpg

arma2ingamecobrajpg.jpg

humweearma2jpg.jpg

arma2razorteam03jpg.jpg

armamachinegunjpg.jpg

arma201jpg.jpg

arma2int200808122124572.jpg

arma2int200810221357299.jpg