The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

ArmA 2

arma22009-06-0116-02-50-41.jpg

arma22009-06-0116-02-30-42.jpg

Thanks :D Its just a backup but didnt it do well! Or so I thought, screen res makes a big difference.
Compare these over the years - these are actual res used for full screen, first being Doom 1 at 320x200

If you get a util called multires it'll let you resize your fullscreen to 640x480 and understand how people played back in the day

0045196407329.jpg

http://translate.google.com/transla...009/jun/15/31683/&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

nice resolution comparison. I've been playing oldies recently like duke nukem3d, blood, doom and these games have aged so well, the community is still releasing mods and tcs of a very high quality. Also duke nukem and doom for example have engines that were rewritten that permits to use 3d models (EDuke32 and GZDoom for example) sadly the source of blood was not released so this was not possible. I highly recommand to anyone not knowning which game to play to get back to the roots ;)

Everything was on full bar texture quality which was on high rather than very high, just enabled that and I cant see a massive difference, crappy jpegs.

Must admit, yours looks worse than mine too (I have everything on the highest settings). Cant quite put my finger on what it is though, maybe its just the jpegging. Yours looks all washed out compared to mine, its like the ambient lighting is up too high. Doesnt seem to have the "depth" that I see ingame on mine. The textures look a lot less sharp and defined than mine too, in particular the tree on the right of your screen, the bark on the tree looks much sharper and defined on mine. Same with the ground on the first shot. (though to be fair you do mention having it on High for textures whereas I have it on Very High, so maybe thats why)

Just incase you're curious, here are the settings I am on :

DX10
1280x1024
Antialiasing : 4x
Ambient Light : 0.00
Brightness : 1.00
Contrast : 1.01
Gamma : 1.01

Object Draw Distance : Ultra High
Model Detail : Ultra High
Animation Smoothness : High
Material Detail : High

Landscape Draw Distance : Very High
Frill Distance : Ultra High
Distant Imposters : Yes
Atmospherics Details : High

Texture Details : Very High
Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
Anisotropic Quality : 12x

High Quality Lighting : Yes
Specular Lighting : Yes
Surface Reflections : Ultra High
Landscape Lighting : Very High
DX10 Distant Landscape Lighting : Yes

Landscape Shadows : High
Blob Shadows : Yes
Stencil Shadows : Ultra High
Environment Stencil Shadows : Yes
DX10 Dynamic Shadows : Very High

Post Processing Effects : Yes
Glow Mapping : Yes
Overbright Bloom Filter : Yes
Blur Filter Quality : High
Bloom Intensity : 1.00

Player Mesh Combining : Yes
3D Object Portraits : Yes
Texture Cache Size : 0.70
Player Crowd Quality : 0.80

Sync to Refresh Rate : Yes
Triple Buffering : No

As I say, just incase you are curious to see if there are any settings differences

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom