The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Soya, if you play FSX with a lot of add-ons could you tell me, do you have to purchase a lot of commercial add-ons to make it look like that ?

Edit: that second pic is mental !

edit - No swearies, read the rules. Jedi

Soya, if you play FSX with a lot of add-ons could you tell me, do you have to purchase a lot of commercial add-ons to make it look like that ?

Edit: that second pic is mental !

Only a few that I would personally deem worthy of having. If you check some my posts in this thread and the Flight Sim Thread, you will see I have given lots of info & links that should help you out if you wish to find out more about improving the looks and joy of Flight Simming. Cheers. (to give you an idea, picture 2 has got 3 payware addons, Alderney, REX & LevelD 767, although the plane don't really matter. So you are talking 2 addons, @£35, to make it look like that, plus of course, a PC that can handle it)

For the Star Trek fans ;)

Do you know how I can get this installed in vista x64 ? The game itself is fine but my problem is the install I have is an ages old install with a rubbish mod on it. I want a clean copy of Armada 2 but the setup on the cd says it doesn't support my os and doesn't work in 64 bit.

The lines you get on the left and top is probably because you are forcing AA.

Burnout Paradise

All settings on high, 60fps

hv0zmt.jpg

Do you know how I can get this installed in vista x64 ? The game itself is fine but my problem is the install I have is an ages old install with a rubbish mod on it. I want a clean copy of Armada 2 but the setup on the cd says it doesn't support my os and doesn't work in 64 bit.

The lines you get on the left and top is probably because you are forcing AA.

Thanks for AA tip ;)
Sorry, no I have no idea. I have XP myself.
All I can suggest is you ask over on the A2 files or fleetops forums, as perhaps others have had such a problem.

a lot of the new games are failing with graphics :(

arma 2 looks crap sorry it does.

the only recent games that do look great are mirrors edge , the hunter, and maybe a handful more.

hopefully they do roll out some decent looking games in the near future.

that fsx glider shot is awesome :cool:

a lot of the new games are failing with graphics :(

arma 2 looks crap sorry it does.

the only recent games that do look great are mirrors edge , the hunter, and maybe a handful more.

hopefully they do roll out some decent looking games in the near future.

that fsx glider shot is awesome :cool:

Have you actually played the game? If you think it looks crap, then you may as well say Crysis looks crap, cos thats the only game that can compare to it.

im not on about how it plays im looking at peoples screenshots of the game and it looks aweful. how you can compare it to crysis is pure lol .

look at the grass , trees, scenery, player models (faces), weapons, there hardly top end .

the only thing ive seen that do look decent is vehicles helicopter tanks

post some screenies of full detail and a compared shot of crysis or hunter or other top game. same res

Last edited:
Only a few that I would personally deem worthy of having. If you check some my posts in this thread and the Flight Sim Thread, you will see I have given lots of info & links that should help you out if you wish to find out more about improving the looks and joy of Flight Simming. Cheers. (to give you an idea, picture 2 has got 3 payware addons, Alderney, REX & LevelD 767, although the plane don't really matter. So you are talking 2 addons, @£35, to make it look like that, plus of course, a PC that can handle it)

What about the ground textures dude? Does REX include ground textures/terrain as well?

I used to play fs9 a good few years ago (bought FSX when it came out but didnt have a good enough pc to run smoothly at the time) and im looking at getting back into it. Ive installed FSX again and set it up following one of the threads but am getting terrible spikes in fps. It goes along fine at 50-60fps but with spikes down to 0-10 every 5secs approx when camera faces the ground. Any ideas?

What about the ground textures dude? Does REX include ground textures/terrain as well?

I used to play fs9 a good few years ago (bought FSX when it came out but didnt have a good enough pc to run smoothly at the time) and im looking at getting back into it. Ive installed FSX again and set it up following one of the threads but am getting terrible spikes in fps. It goes along fine at 50-60fps but with spikes down to 0-10 every 5secs approx when camera faces the ground. Any ideas?

REX has custom ground textures for default fsx airports only, so runways, taxiways & aprons. On their website they also provide some free stuff like replacement contrails and high def motorway & road texture. If you are looking at general landscape texture then you need to look at UTX/GEX/FScene or photoreal packages.

I used to have the same problem, FSX is a beast to tame but once tamed for your specific PC it can give some tremendous results. I would recommend you check all my posts in both this thread and the flight sim thread as I have given lots of info & links for people wanting to improve their FSX that should really help you. Here a few main links that should help you with your current FPS spiking: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236299941 & by far the best thread on FSX tuning at http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 , make sure you read it carefully as tuning FSX is specific for each individual PC & what FSX addons you have! Good Luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom