The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Sorry to bombard you all with more Fallout screenies but they're all so pretty :)

These are all from vanilla FO3 with no mods. Speaking of which, does anyone know a mod that just fixes the look of very distant buildings when they take on that half transparent, ugly mesh look?

fo3001.jpg

fo3002.jpg

fo3003.jpg

fo3004.jpg

fo3005.jpg

Here's one from Mass Effect, max settings with film grain on but no AA:

me001.jpg

Kinda makes me realise that Mass Effect is a game that looks better in motion :\

Here's a few screenshots from WoW, which I do think looks a lot better these days:

wow001.jpg

wow002.jpg

wow003.jpg

And just in case you're now suffering from Fallout 3 withdrawal, here's one last screen :)

fo3006.jpg

Off-topic, but on a sidenote this is my first post to the forums (even though I've been reading them for years!), so expect plenty more screenshots to follow :D

These are all from vanilla FO3 with no mods. Speaking of which, does anyone know a mod that just fixes the look of very distant buildings when they take on that half transparent, ugly mesh look?
Force transparency AA through drivers instead of through game. The ingame transparency aa simply fails, I use ''improve games aa setting'' in my nvidia panel and transparency multisampling enabled and it makes the AA on transparent textures look FAR better then when just using transparency aa from the fallout options.

fo3-20090625-180624.jpg

EDIT: meh the bigger the res the ****ier JPEG's look, the above pic is absolutely ruined by jpeg comrpession.

Last edited:
I concur with Neoni on those GTA screens. It looks tons better for me on the 360 on a good TV than on my decently specced PC (E4300 2.8Ghz, 8800GTS) with everything on max. Dunno why that is, but the PC version is way to jaggy and whilst enabling blur reduces it, it becomes too blurry!

The 360 seems to have the right balance between a good use of blur and a reduced amount of jaggies. Of course the PC has higher res textures, but i prefer it looking smoother rather than a sharp, jaggy mess.

Even the PS3 versions looks decent on my TV. Could be down to the TV itself and the way it reproduces the picture perhaps? Panasonic PX80, which is sorta known to soften the picture a bit.

I concur with Neoni on those GTA screens. It looks tons better for me on the 360 on a good TV than on my decently specced PC (E4300 2.8Ghz, 8800GTS) with everything on max. Dunno why that is, but the PC version is way to jaggy and whilst enabling blur reduces it, it becomes too blurry!

The 360 seems to have the right balance between a good use of blur and a reduced amount of jaggies. Of course the PC has higher res textures, but i prefer it looking smoother rather than a sharp, jaggy mess.

Even the PS3 versions looks decent on my TV. Could be down to the TV itself and the way it reproduces the picture perhaps? Panasonic PX80, which is sorta known to soften the picture a bit.

Could be, i got a Samsung LE37? is it i dont know the model exactly.

Back
Top Bottom