The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Soya, what do you actually have to buy (software wise) to get FSX looking like that?

FSX (any flavor), REX & HDR mod(free) thats it (so @£40-50 depending on how cheap you can FSX). Plus, like I mentioned in my previous posts, make sure you setup your PC/GFX card & FSX to the best it can handle, fsx is a bit of a beast to tame but as you can see from the screenshots, the results speak for themselves. :)

Always wanted to fly a Welly in IL2. Hopefully it'll be available in Storm of War at some point.

Yeah welly is pretty cool to fly as are most of the WWII planes you can get for FSX. Best simulated one is the P-47 Thunderbolt, turn on full realism and you get some stunning effects like, Icing on the canopy/engine block when temp drops low, condensation build up inside cockpit canopy, different colour smoke comes out the engine if you get your mixtures wrong, you can get hypoxia if you do not control your oxygen above a certain altitude etc, plus flying takes some serious learning and skill, but rewarding if you get it.

Last edited:
I removed the ini and he can join again, seems I can't use this online :(.

The .ini file triggers a different version alarm.

I can play 1920x1080, just not with the extra camera zoom, but with top and bottom cut off as the game is vert- :(.
Still had some fun, he threw a moab on my base :( :

ccgzh-20090715-062046.png

ccgzh-20090715-062053.png

ccgzh-20090715-063129.png

ccgzh-20090715-063129a.png

ccgzh-20090715-063132.png

Last edited:
FSX (any flavor), REX & HDR mod(free) thats it (so @£40-50 depending on how cheap you can FSX). Plus, like I mentioned in my previous posts, make sure you setup your PC/GFX card & FSX to the best it can handle, fsx is a bit of a beast to tame but as you can see from the screenshots, the results speak for themselves. :)

That's it? Cool, thanks :)

That's it? Cool, thanks :)

You may also need to consider what aircraft(s) you want to fly, FSX comes with a nice default selection, they look pretty good but those are not the onces I usually use in my screenshots as there are better looking onces (and much more accurately modeled), there are many freeware onces available but most I have are payware. Plus bear in mind the ground scenery, there is plenty of freeware but again, most of it payware, but this is only if you want to ground to look better then default FSX. Take Alderney for instance, it cost £15 but if you look at the pictures I took a few posts back, you can see it is well worth it. For normal sky flying, which is what you end up doing most of the time in a plane anyways (duh!), then only really need what I mentioned above :).

I can play 1920x1080, just not with the extra camera zoom, but with top and bottom cut off as the game is vert- :(.
Still had some fun, he threw a moab on my base :( :

you can use the zoom out online...i used to use it myself when i played.
maybe the ini you downloaded wasnt for the latest version of zerohour and thats whats causing the conflict.

I don't play online but I do play over LAN and have no problems. Did you copy over the file or just edit the original?

But if you keep playing with the same people, just tell them to edit the file.

Back
Top Bottom