The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Thought I'd dig my old copy of Links LS 98 out for aplay, then thought I have a look what the latest version was like in comaprison, Link 2003. I must say, it has scrubbed up nicely over the years. I know its still an old game but it still looks fabulous as far as I'm conerned. How do these screenshots compare to Tiger Woods?

Links LS98 for comparison

linksls98-1.jpg

linksls98-2.jpg

Links 2003 Augusta

Links2003-12thatAugusta.jpg

Links2003-13thatAugusta.jpg

Crystal Pines Fanatsy Course

Links2003-CrystalPinesHDcourse2nd.jpg

Links2003-CrystalPinesHDcourse2nd-b.jpg

Bethpage Black

Links2003-2ndatBethpageBlack.jpg

Links2003-9thatBethpageBlack.jpg

If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me.

darkathena2009042613445h.png

Not much of a queue for Oblivion today.

darkathena2009042613495.png

Yo dawg....

darkathena2009042612381.png

Derren Brown says he's gonna explain what now?

darkathena2009042613592.png

Last edited:
That golf game looks mint, better than bros golf game we played on his x360 last night, tiger woods one. Gfx just no comparison, plus was hard to read the text on his 50" tft.

can I just add that those screenies persuaded me to shell out the princely sum of $7 to download Links 2003 off their webby. You do have to download the unofficial 1.7 patch to get widescreen res (and do a little registry tweaking) but there are loads of links to exceptionally well done hi-res courses such as the Black one above. Some of the courses are over 200MB!!

Only issue I have is that it tends to ctd a couple of times on first launch but works ok eventually.

I've played Forgotten Hope 2 before, but I was never that fond of the African maps. Patch 2.2 changes everything though, I don't think I'm ever going to play Vanilla BF2 again.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The new campaign is just over week old and there is a typical amount of servers for a mod. Around 60, 10 of which have a decent amount of players in right now, and about 10 more with a small handful of players.

I've only had an hours play so far and I have played on about five European maps, all of which were excellent (I only managed 10 minutes of the beach landing though, but what I played of that was epic, and good fun).

As for the African maps, I hated most of them as infantry, the Normandy campaign seems like a whole different game. Although some of the old Italy maps were good.

The new campaign is just over week old and there is a typical amount of servers for a mod. Around 60, 10 of which have a decent amount of players in right now, and about 10 more with a small handful of players.

I've only had an hours play so far and I have played on about five European maps, all of which were excellent (I only managed 10 minutes of the beach landing though, but what I played of that was epic, and good fun).

As for the African maps, I hated most of them as infantry, the Normandy campaign seems like a whole different game. Although some of the old Italy maps were good.

Class, i think i will give this a go over the weekend mate :)

Back
Top Bottom