ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-27-15.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-27-10.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-25-56.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-28-05.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-28-43.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-29-07.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-29-16.jpg

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-0617-41-34.jpg

for more plus spoilers: http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/c-xis/Batman Arkham/

Am I the only one who finds shift quite appalling in terms of graphics, Grid looks so much better imo !

Yeah i dont think it looks that good either. The car models themselves look quite fake, im not sure how to describe it, plasticy? They also seem to have taken DOF and blur to their max... makes me sick just looking at it :S

They look better than GRID, the textures are higher resolution for a start....you guys need new eyes, or new monitors.

The car exteriors are modelled almost 1:1 with teh real life car and everything is to scale, likewise the interiors.

I was skeptical after seeing the screenshots, but after playing it does look very good in motion. Whether it's better than GRID i'd have to start GRID up again and have a look.

In motions it is superior to GRID, Shift feels like a proper motion camera from the camera bouncing/jolts and blurring from the knocks and bumps on the road to the smoothness of the animations.

My PC is pretty awesome running both games and Shift just feels and looks more polished.

Right? You've converted them to JPEG doesn't matter if you've taken them at .bmp format first. I had to do that with my fallout 3 shots and it makes them look worse but they were initially .bmp files.

They look better than GRID, the textures are higher resolution for a start....you guys need new eyes, or new monitors.

The car exteriors are modelled almost 1:1 with teh real life car and everything is to scale, likewise the interiors.

I don't give moneys about the interior though, the exterior looks poor, white glow over the whole body :confused: them white sparkles on the edges. Shadows are jagged/ugly as hell... Aliasing on the sharp edges of the car body's. I want a nice smooth exterior that tries to look real rather than focusing on details on the car itself while maintaining a ''video game look'' excessively.

The textures or models may be more detailed, but the things that are actually far more important, a smooth model and nice realistic reflections& lighting are poor, and the amount of white sparkles and aliasing over the cars is appalling, it's what makes the game look bad instantly, of all things in any game, aliasing is probably the m st annoying, I'd rather take low res textures and simpler less detailed models, than unsmooth ones...

I mean look at how smooth the edges of everything are in grid, also no sparkles, that's what's awesome imo...

grid-20080605-182729.png

grid-20080605-182807.png

grid-20090206-153634.png

(ps. this was still on my 8800 using only 4x MSAA)

NFS has too many glitches like aliasing, white sparkles, excessive white reflections, shadow aliasing, etc... The game badly needs to be supersampled... And the cars look way too ''chromy''...

ps. I have not tried Shift, I'm only basing my opinion on the pictures posted in this thread...

Last edited:
You cannot make an opinion until you have played the game.

Grid looks too warm and the car models look great but not realistic like in Shift. The tedxtures are also more washed out compared to shift, completely clearly demonstrated in your screenshots.

The glitches you speak of I see none of in game...

Simply put Shift is a superior engine and it runs better at max settings too.

This does not look realistic, at all:

alias1.jpg

shift2.jpg

If the glitches I circled don't bother you then you obviously find different things important than me, the things I circled are like a sting to the eye imo ruining the game for me.

Edit, in the last pic, also look at the aliasing on the vents on the hood :mad:, or the excessive white glow on the yellow/carbon colored car in the back...

Last edited:
This does not look realistic, at all:

If the glitches I circled don't bother you then you obviously find different things important than me, the things I circled are like a sting to the eye imo ruining the game for me.

Edit, in the last pic, also look at the aliasing on the vents on the hood :mad:, or the excessive white glow on the yellow/carbon colored car in the back...
I agree with you on those shots. The white sparkles look hideous. With 8xAA i'm quite happy but I haven't unlocked many cars so they might be different. Try messing around in the nvidia control panel, see if you can apply some transparency AA or some supersampling without having a huge performance hit.

Back
Top Bottom