The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

This does not look realistic, at all:
pics
If the glitches I circled don't bother you then you obviously find different things important than me, the things I circled are like a sting to the eye imo ruining the game for me.

Edit, in the last pic, also look at the aliasing on the vents on the hood :mad:, or the excessive white glow on the yellow/carbon colored car in the back...

Could have a lot to do with jpeg compression?

Ive seen shift in motion and it looks very good. Motion blur and heat haze can look terrible on a screenie.

Play the damn game. Both in motion Shift is far better...I've spent enough days playing both to know this and I'm the type of person who's picky about details - just look at the car cleaning thread lmao.

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-2613-37-20.jpg

The scarecrow section was a bit of a mind ****!

ShippingPC-BmGame2009-09-2613-58-09.jpg

Awesome game.

Shouldn't really judge a game by a few screen shots as we all know has many variables when it comes to graphics!

(res, detail, AA, AF)

Yes, but Snowdog wasn't judging the game itself or the game mechanics. Just on graphics/related technologies - and although I will admit I haven't tried shift. From the screenshots Grid looks a bit nicer. Both look decent. But imo Grid has the edge.

Though it does depend what you are looking for. :)

Just started playing COD4 again. This is still one of the most amazing games I have ever played to be honest. :D

cod4_6.jpg

Last edited:
What shift needs is super-sampling AA, as that would get red of the jagged edges and "sparklies".

GRID avoids this issue by using a blur postprocess filter, but the catch is, everything looks blurred (obviously!).

screenshots look fantastic, shame the above spolis this one .... :rolleyes:

whats this MOD you mention, ive heard it works for different games ?

Here is a link to the mod - it is the one named Resident Evil 5 v0.076a

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/download_en.htm

It only works with DX9 though. To install it just extract the ZIP file to the folder where your RE5DX9.EXE is located. Then choose the DX9 version when you run the game from your launcher.

Back
Top Bottom