The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Source engine is obviously no Cryengine 2/3, but it gets the job done and performance is very good.

Imagine if L4D ran on Cryengine 2. Sure it will look prettier, but the playability would have taken nosedive - not worth it!

Left4Dead 2

left4dead22009102922165.jpg

left4dead22009102921460.jpg

left4dead22009102921433.jpg

Even though im not a massive fan of L4D i must admit its not just the graphics which make a game but the gameplay aswell. With all the new maps, enemies, weapons etc make this game so much more then L4D1.

As someone said above the player models look really realistic.

But it would also only be rendering a much more closed in environment, and not a mile or two worth of forest.

So all games that don't have miles of forest aren't good looking?

The source engine looks stunning in L4D2, why don't you play it?

L4D2 same ole... nothing new same gameplay.

Have you played the demo?

It's everything L4D1 should have been and more, it's fantastic.

as an update (even if not free) if would have been fantastic.. but now.. i dont really see the point paying the price they are asking for just that.. as it doesn't feel like a new game which they call it as.. :) so yeah ill wait till weekend deals.. x] played it on my brothers account!

New characters - new skins, sounds x]
New campaigns - moders have done more already ;)
New weapons - new skins, sounds etc and meele weapons is just a little update.
New enemies - 1,2? plus a swat zombie not much
New game types - we had them as update anyway.. so why not make another... even if it's not free but at a reasonable price say 10 quid..

What more does a new game need? :p

to be a new game, not an update called new game :) i loved l4d so you cant call me hater.. :] im just saying it doesn't have enough in my eyes to be called a new game for me it's l4d 1.5 with a price tag of a new game :o it's kinda the same as cs1.6 compared to CSS :) new gfx and same game play... :p

Is that with mods? I always though that Stalker serie looked really nice and realistic but I think the gameplay does not do it for me :(

I thought the STALKER gameplay is fantastic, I can't stop playing it!

Once I've completed the new Call of Pripyat, I'm going to install that mod. I've played the OL2 mod a few times but that SC2009 looks fantastic!

Soya, maybe a silly question, but do you think you could fly a real plane? I mean, would you know enough to say, lift it off the ground?

This sounds big headed, but in the one in a million chance I was given the "keys" to either an F-16C or a Russian KA-50 helictoper, I reckon I would be able to start them up. OK, I don't know all the checklists etc, but I know the sequences to start them.

Falcon 4.0 (with open falcon add on) and DCS: Black Shark are shockingly detailed and realistic.

Did I say that? No. The point being that the Crysis engine displays much more scenery than most games, and if used to run something like Left 4 Dead where the view distance is kept much closer, it wouldn't run anywhere near as slowly as when used for something like Crysis.

<edit> Just noticed that Craig_R already pointed that out (ta).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom