The " Hiper-Active " Club

Associate
I had a 580watt for 12ish months before the fan somehow exploded into many parts. I got a new one from guarantee and it has been in my cupboard ever since, I just don’t trust it and it won’t sell for enough to make the sale worthwhile.

Associate
Ive been running one for about 3 years no issues (touch wood). I really like it but its the first decent PSU Ive ever had really, the rest have been cheapos which died.

Associate
I've had one or two Hipers and they have always delivered good performance. Trouble is, once a product gets a bad name, regardless how good it is, it's really difficult to remove the bad press...
Shame really as it's a good product...

Associate
I've never really wanted to temp fate by posting in here although I'll honour its good service with a post anyway.

Had a Hiper Type R 580w in my music rig for 2 and a half years now and not had a problem yet. *touch wood*

Soldato
Hmmm, is it just the Type -R 580w PSU owners that can join this club, or does any Hiper PSU qualify?

I have owned the Type-M 630w Hiper unit for about 2 years, and it has served me well... I first had it installed in an AMD 4200+ X2 rig with an Asus 8800GTX 768MB graphics card, 3 x SATAII HDD's, and 4GB of OCZ Gold DDR2 RAM, I also kept it in my system after upgrading to a GTX280 1GB graphics card, and an AMD 6000+ X2 (Windsor Core) and it is still going strong to this very day...

However, I recently upgraded my system to a Core i7 920 and Gigabyte EX58 UD5 mobo (specs as in my sig) and I was using the Hiper PSU to begin with, but I was experiencing a lot of problems with the i7 build, and a lot of people on this forum and several other forums were all pointing the finger at my PSU, so I decided to go and upgrade to a Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 850w PSU to see if that would rectify the problems that I was experiencing, but it didn't!!!

So the Hiper wasn't the cause of the issues with my i7 rig after all, I eventually found out that it was a bad mobo that was causing my problems!!

I have read a lot of bad things about Hiper PSUs on here, but my own experience with them haven't been bad at all... Although saying that, I wouldn't buy another one!!

The Type M is now in my Fiancees rig (she is now using my 6000+ X2 and 8800GTX) and it is still doing its job nicely...

@garylouden, you should just give your Hiper PSU away if it is sitting in a cupboard doing nothing.. I am sure you must know someone that could put it to use?

Soldato
Had mine from may06 (Hiper Type R 580W) and it died last month :( Not ruining anything else on its way out.Cant find my reciept to rma it either:(

I called Hiper up about 3 weeks ago because of the problems I was having with my i7 rig (see post above this one) and I told the guy that I no longer had my receipt as proof of purchase, and they said that this was fine, and that they would just use the serial number on the PSU for the RMA, as long as I could tell them where I purchased it from...

Associate
Hiper 580W Modular PSU HPU-4B580 atx 2.2 12 Device connections SATA, APFC, SILENT 14db BLUE LED 92mm FANS SLI READY Type-R

Still going stomg since 08/09/2006

Associate
Alas after many years of faithful service (Q1 2007), my type R 580W has decided to die gracefully.
Rather than setting the entire house on fire, it started petering out on one of the 12v rails so it's been replaced.

R.I.P. Type R :(

Back
Top Bottom