The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the victim who is now 20 says nothing illegal or non consensual happened and all this is is an embarrassing situation of a persons sex life being leaked then he should not be fired or forced to quit imo.

yes i get the BBC would rather not have this kind of scandal, and i get that the presenter in question is probably embarrassed. i suspect most people here has something in their past they would not want broadcast all over the world.

if he did something illegal and it can be proved then throw the book at him, but really this story should never have seen the light of day until AFTER they had spoken with the claimed victim.......... if it is just the parents word against the actual victims word however then i cant see how it can be proven beyond any sensible doubt what happened.

of course the news paper wont care, they got their paper sales and their online clicks.......... so if they need to write a page 5 retraction in a weeks time they will be happy enough.....

Perhaps there is an argument for increasing the age of consent however......... it seems crazy that a 17 year old can have sex, get married, have a baby................ but not go to the cinema to watch Terminator.

Last edited:
Maybe retirement :D
Tbf, assuming that BBC clip is correct, the person isn't exactly at the start of their career. Could very easily take an early retirement with a nice pay out and be done.

It does seem rather sad this whole thing. I wonder if it's due to the younger person reportedly being into drugs that the story is of any interest.

Plenty of girls on twitch, kick, only fans. I see no issue with anyone signing up to these services. I don't get why they would, but the issue I don't see, unless the young person/girl was forced by some pimp to do this work like one of Andrew tates girls, and then on top, the presenter seeks out girls specifically forced into this as the pictures aren't their kick but the forcing of a girl to produce the photos is the kick for them. But nothing suggests thats the case. Otherwise surely this is a nothing story?

In the older days this person would have resigned immediately. The person isn't doing their own cause and mental health any good dragging it out.
We don't yet know whether the story is true or not. Should they still resign immediately if they are innocent?

Sounds like a storm is brewing...

BBC presenter faces new claims about second young person​

A young person has told BBC News they felt threatened by the BBC presenter at the centre of a row over payment for sexually explicit photos.

The individual in their early 20s was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app. They say they were put under pressure to meet up but never did.
When the young person hinted online they might name the presenter, they were sent abusive, expletive-filled messages.

Speaking to BBC News, the young person - who has no connection to the person at the centre of the Sun's story about payments for photos - said they had been scared by the power the presenter held.
They said the threats made in the messages had frightened them - and they remain scared.

The new allegations of menacing and bullying behaviour by the high-profile presenter raise fresh questions about his conduct.

BBC News has contacted the presenter directly and via his lawyer but has received no response to the latest allegations.

More here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766

Critical point -

The presenter reacted by sending a number of threatening messages, which BBC News has seen.

BBC News has been able to verify that the messages were sent from a phone number belonging to the presenter.

The young person's online post has also been seen by BBC News.

Last edited:
Sounds like a storm is brewing...

More here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766

Critical point -

The presenter reacted by sending a number of threatening messages, which BBC News has seen.

BBC News has been able to verify that the messages were sent from a phone number belonging to the presenter.

The young person's online post has also been seen by BBC News.

Critical point missed - the young person alluded/threatened to publicly name the presenter that he met on the dating app and thereby potentially outing him which prompted the abusive messages from the presenter.

I'm not condeming or condoning the presenters actions but people do and say stupid things when they are threatened.

Last edited:
if the above is true (it maybe but could also be nonsense) but if it is, just how stupid is this person. A high profile person going on a dating app admitting their details online?......

if true forget firing them for their actions but more for their stupidity.

put under pressure to meet up however is a woolly statement which could be being used to spin a story whilst not getting into trouble..... i mean they were on a dating site, so asking to meet in person is not that unreasonable.
being rude and abusive is out of order.............. but then so is threatening to try to name drop a high profile person.

not defending either of them, just noting that the way that is written it is a nothing statement......... its a #metoo without giving any out and out details which cant later be retracted as "I didnt specifically accuse him of anything illegal".

hypothetically i know if i had got up to something online with someone (albeit perfectly legal) and then they threatened to out me to the world, i may send a pretty spicy reply back to them.

PS a young person in their 20s............ so an adult then.... note it very specifically doesn't say underage !.

Last edited:
Critical point missed - the young person alluded/threatened to publicly name the presenter that he met on the dating app and thereby potentially outing him which prompted the abusive messages from the presenter.

I'm not condeming or condoning the presenters actions but people do and say stupid things when they are threatened.

It was more the fact the BBC have seen and verified the messages, rather than their content. Either way it's not acceptable...

We don't yet know whether the story is true or not. Should they still resign immediately if they are innocent?

The story could be partially true such as not qualifying as illegal. Depending on their employment contract it may have a clause regarding bringing the organisation in to disrepute or tarnishing its brand and that being regarded as gross misconduct.

Last edited:
It was more the fact the BBC have seen and verified the messages, rather than their content. Either way it's not acceptable...
what isnt acceptable? that a person went on a dating site and tried to meet up with a person in their 20's, and was rude after the person in their 20's threatend to out them?

sure it could be way way worse than that............ but what was specifically quoted was written deliberately vaguely imo inviting the reader to assume what was never said.

if it were me and I was abused by someone when i was underage but now in my mid 20s and decided to blow the whistle i would make it very clear...... and not beat around the bush.

Last edited:
what isnt acceptable? that a person went on a dating site and tried to meet up with a person in their 20's, and was rude after the person in their 20's threatend to out them?

sure it could be way way worse than that............ but what was specifically quoted was written deliberately vaguely imo inviting the reader to assume what was never said.

if it were me and I was abused by someone when i was underage but now in my mid 20s and decided to blow the whistle i would make it very clear...... and not beat around the bush.

I suppose it depends what the "threats" were now.

Exactly. It depends what was said, but the BBC clearly consider them to be abusive and they've seen the content of the messages.

It's common sense really, if you are a high profile public figure, working for the national broadcaster, don't harass and abuse people.

It's common sense really, if you are a high profile public figure, working for the national broadcaster, don't harass and abuse people.
I do completely agree and i am not defending him if it turns out the worst is true.... BUT honeytraps are a real thing as well and imo his guilt should really have been better established before going viral imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom