The Huw Edwards situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find it weird when BBC is doing news articles on itself, like how do you remain impartial ?
By being professional and very deliberately keeping the news part of the organisation largely separate to the rest of it in terms of management etc (IIRC even very senior BBC staff can't directly influence news by design), and making it clear that standards are to be maintained by the staff on the news side.

There have been various stories in the past about how people outside of the news management have tried to influence the news side and been told to take a hike/talk to someone higher up.

It's one of the biggest differences between the BBC and say most of the news papers, the BBC will report on itself even when it makes them look bad, most of the papers won't even report on major stories about themselves if it puts them in a bad light.
IE IIRC the BBC reported about Basher and the Diana papers, but most of the news papers barely mentioned the fuss about the phone hacking etc when they were very publicly being taken to court over it.

Well thats him gone then.

I still have no idea who he is. I dont watch the news enough to notice someone missing as they change all the time.

If this hadnt been sexually implicated at the start would the sun have just printed his name photo?

Theyve never been shy to out a 'pervert' before.

Last edited:
There is a photo of him in a compromising position.
it is amusing that i seem to be continually defending someone who may yet turn out to be a horrible monster.... but this has not been proven and so until it is................................

do you not find it amusing the double standards of the photo of him? i mean, when dodgy pictures of women are released online without consent there is a huge uproar about the invasion of privacy.

until he has been found guilty of something then any pictures leaked of him doing what ever should be treated in the same way as if i was to leak a picture of some woman on line i may have hypothetically got upto something with on a "dating" app, or when an ex releases pics of the woman they were seeing.

Last edited:
Be funny if it turns out to be some complete nobody who presents some random bumblesquat show on BBC4 called “farming weekly” or some nonsense.

Everyone would just instantly stop caring lol.
if its either of the people ive seen then yeah dont care....

i guess its the money tax payers blah blah rage thats fueling the witch hunt.

Last edited:
We don't yet know whether the story is true or not. Should they still resign immediately if they are innocent?
If you were running a business based on having high professional standards and your main public facing employee has an indecent image of himself circulating online then there is a conflict of interest.

it is amusing that i seem to be continually defending someone who may yet turn out to be a horrible monster.... but this has not been proven and so until it is................................

do you not find it amusing the double standards of the photo of him? i mean, when dodgy pictures of women are released online without consent there is a huge uproar about the invasion of privacy.

until he has been found guilty of something then any pictures leaked of him doing what ever should be treated in the same was as if i was to leak a picture of some woman on line i may have hypothetically got upto something with on a "dating" app, or when an ex releases pics of the woman they were seeing.
I think there is 2 elements to this. The under 18 criminality, and the legal case of reputational damage of sending out indecent images that get exposed.

Apparently a second person as come forward.

There might not be anything illegal. But now the police are investigating and have asked the bbc to suspend their investigation.

Last edited:
Be funny if it turns out to be some complete nobody who presents some random bumblesquat show on BBC4 called “farming weekly” or some nonsense.

Everyone would just instantly stop caring lol.
if its the name thats being banded about i wouldnt say he is a household name, well known yes. obviously take rumors with a big pinch of salt

Last edited:
Son? I thought this was a daughter? TBH I'm not following this story as its just salacious gossip. I just scanned through the last few pages as I was a bit bored. I did just do a search on Twitter and it reminded me of what a **** hole that place can be, thankfully none of the people or organisations I follow throws that toxic side of twitter at me. The worst I see are loony Americans to do with politics.
One of the papers broke ranks yesterday and stated it was a man rather than young person/child of the mother.

Sky News kept switching from male to person a few times yesterday.
Who cares

Last edited:
I have two points on this -

1. I think it's a great idea not to name suspects until they are arrested. The accused life would be ruined, guilty or not. Although, it is hypercritical of the BBC to protect the person, when in the past they have not applied the same rules to non-BBC employees.

2. I don't understand why the BBC's behaviour is a matter for public debate. The government set the licence fee, but the public seem to think they own the company, and are constantly interfering in the way it's run. We don't do that with other companies.

Other than those points, I don't care. There are plenty of pervs in this world. Shake the tree and loads of them would fall out.

in other BBC news they are nearly there - with other targets
For the first time there is now 50% representation of women in our workforce and we have made progress in relation to black and ethnic minority staff at 17%, disabled staff at 9.4%, and now 21% of our workforce are from low socio economic backgrounds
Tim Davie, BBC Director-General says: “I am proud of the content we have delivered – the very best of the BBC - from Royal programming to wonderful sporting moments and coverage of the Ukraine war. We have seen this again recently, with Eurovision, the Coronation and Glastonbury.
Sport: The Lionesses victory at the Women’s Euros was watched by 27.4 million, while the first ever winter men’s FIFA World Cup reached 38.8 million people on BBC TV with over 100 million online requests

No mention of the BBC enforcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom