The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
Is this just a selectable stage from the main menu? I could just see Wattopia and NY tonight but maybe I wasn’t looking hard enough.

Did one of my usual routes, the volcano loop. Two 8 1/2 minute efforts at 4w/kg and some tempo in between.

Associate
Is this just a selectable stage from the main menu? I could just see Wattopia and NY tonight but maybe I wasn’t looking hard enough.

It’s not an available “guest world” yet so can only ride it on events with the course selected, you can use Zwift hacks to see which events are running it.

Over the weekend Zwift had events every 30minutes.

Soldato
I done that Giro thing. Didn't know about it until they showed it side by side with the real TT happening on Eurosport.
14:58 I managed to do it in. Didn't feel great or think nowt of it as a Norwegian lad even pipped me 3/4's the way up but I got 10th overall on Strava from however many thousands. It's probably nowhere near 10th any more like but was fairly decent at the time.

Soldato
Missed all the Giro stuff which I'm a bit gutted about.

Tour of Watopia seems to be still on the load screen but I didn't spot any scheduled rides for it? Or is it just an opt-in before riding kinda thing?

Did a HERD Volcano CCW crit circuit as part of a 'newbie' introduction to racing on Saturday night - it was the only thing popping into the schedule I could fit in. Great little rides these if you want an introduction or for those of us who want to measure their current level - I'm making a bit of a return after an all inclusive holiday and feeling quite flat. Rode it measured at around 75-90% kinda intensity until the finish. As it's an 'E' ride where the CATs are applied afterwards it's a bunch start. Around 50/60 starters at a guess. I held/helped form the main group (4-5 fliers off the front) and it felt pretty good. Was enjoying myself a little too much as started to cook. I went to strip off my knee warmers and lost a wheel. I couldn't close back up afterwards so settled into a solo measured finish. A couple of guys from behind where closing up to me well so eased for them, with the group now 30s ahead I put in some big towing efforts. Lost one of the guys but the other stuck with me, chatted a bit to him and it was his first race but he seemed strong enough to bridge if we could get close. Couple more efforts and I'd got us to within 7-8s and he managed to jump across. The group in front by that point had splintered so his bridge was to 2-3 others (who he then beat in the sprint!). I had eased before the finale, the gap had grown to around 10s but coming into the finish I was catching them again - but hadn't got quite enough sprint to finish it (3s behind). Good fun and felt good to not be at threshold for the entire race for my first once back. I actually hit 192bpm after that end sprint - highest I've seen for a while! :)

I extended things and rode the Volcano climb quite hard/measured afterwards chatting to Chad McNeese (or however you spell his name) from TR who was also riding that world.

Sunday morning I joined the 3R 100km ride on Fuego flats, first time I've ridden it and really like the course! The climb there seems to suit me. Low on volume/fitness at the mopment the 2.5w/kg average really took it's toll. I had a minor disconnect early on and had to bridge a 20-25s gap back up to the group (with some great help!) which didn't help my endurance(!). By around the hour mark I was really feeling it, the climb was over 3w/kg for me to stick with the group and even trying to recover in the group at 2w/kg afterwards I found hard, having to close gaps quite often when doing so. I hung on in for another 15/20 minutes but burned all my remaining matches up the rolling climbs, on some of the slight rolls afterwards I just couldn't close up and dropped off the back. Rolled around a bit solo chatting/recovering/cooling down to make it 1hr30.

Soldato
I’ve never been on a proper climb over about 10 minutes but maybe I should. I’ve just got to Zwift level 12 so ridden Alpe Du Zwift twice in two days and hit massive (+20w) 20 minute and 60 minute PBs :cool: Either that or the Kickr needs a spin down :p

Associate
Got a new pr on the Alpe last night
57.29 and took nearly 5 mins out of my previous best so was real happy joining the sub 1 hr club.
There is a ocuk leaderboard on Strava and some of your times are mental!!! We got some semi-pros in here?

Soldato
57.29 and took nearly 5 mins out of my previous best so was real happy joining the sub 1 hr club.
There is a ocuk leaderboard on Strava and some of your times are mental!!! We got some semi-pros in here?

Define semi-pro!
I think I am under 40 mins on it. High 39min something. I'm redundant from my job as of tomorrow and will be playing on my bike lots. So guess I am going from semi-pro to actual pro. Just minus the getting paid for it part? :p :p

Soldato
Great time that. What w/kg do you produce for that?
Just so I can really hate you for it :D:D

5.2 for the climb.
This was my ride here I managed to find - https://www.strava.com/activities/2089491418/overview

Was during the tour of zwift thing back earlier in the year. If I remember right there was 1 guy legitimately went quicker than me and the guy who finished 1st on the stage was 32mins or something and was rightfully DQ'd from it! :p

Soldato

I’m also in that 5 minute PB and sub 1 hour club! I really like that climb and the minor changes in gradient give a nice way to change the effort. I tend to stand over 12% although don’t be usually do so on a turbo

Soldato
I’ve never been on a proper climb over about 10 minutes but maybe I should. I’ve just got to Zwift level 12 so ridden Alpe Du Zwift twice in two days and hit massive (+20w) 20 minute and 60 minute PBs
:cool: Either that or the Kickr needs a spin down
:p
It is a great climb to test and improve power on as the ramps are that steep. Good work - can't always blame the KICKR! ;)

https://www.strava.com/activities/2397999769

I completed the 3R 100km sub 2.5 ride I utterly blew myself up on weekend after holiday the week before. No huge efforts to close gaps or get back on really helped me manage fatigue and enjoy it more. Didn't feel like I burnt any matches but good solid ride/training volume still. Hope that means I've recovered some fitness and form! :D

https://www.strava.com/activities/2407470198

Last night jumped into a SAS sub 2.5 ride. Late joined and promptly thrown out the back, needing a 5-8w/kg chase back on wasn't the best thing as a warm up! But I felt strong throughout, put some good sprint efforts in while also closing gaps and pushing pace on the front. Found 270-300W good paced threshold and fairly sustainable = legs obviously on a good day which is great! :D

Congrats and welcome, don't think I'm a member of the sub 1hr club yet this year lol :o

Define semi-pro!
I think I am under 40 mins on it. High 39min something.
Yeah but you weigh about as much as 1 of my legs lol

Associate
Being very light has a massive impact on climbing as you all know.
I’ve managed to get down to 80kilos. Can’t see me getting any lower. I read earlier some of you are 60’s and 70’s which is........depressing!! ;)

Soldato
Good work! I'm floating around 75kg which is about normal for me this time of year. Tend to drift around 78kg during winter and have been as low as 72kg by autumn. But with the volume/training (or lack of) at the moment I'm happy at anything around 75kg.

In 2011 I was nearly 15 stone, have told myself I was heading towards 100kg! Really unfit & comfort eating due to work stress didn't help. Sit at a desk all day, prior to that I was more physical at work and the weekends, rather than just a couch potato. I'm glad I chose to cycle my work commute as have been hooked ever since! Fitness, weightloss and general well being from exercise is awesome, regardless how heavy you are! :D

Good outside sesson on saturday, an hour and a bit at mostly threshold. Was late and missed the start of the 3R 100km sunday morning but ended up chatting to Eric Min warming up for a 3R fundraiser. He's always good for a chat if you catch him, really nice guy!
https://www.strava.com/activities/2416242263
He dropped a couple of hints - there's something big coming from Zwift this autumn, in addition to what most of us are aware of. Something more UI based than course, although he did admit that he was 'back in London after a few days out testing'. I guess that could've been in Yorkshire riding the WC course prior to a Zwift course release (hopefully)?! They've also been talking with Giro organisers about the possibilities of a Zwift prologue at some point, which would be pretty incredible - that would go a huge step towards their olympic ambitions.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2416359328
Did the 3R ride, rode it hard as only an hour long and wanted the volume I'd normally get from 2.5 hours at 2.5w/kg doing the 100km. Stayed up the road with various groups chatting, then a couple of us dropped back to close what gaps we could. We then found ourselves off the front of the main peloton coming in towards the finish so worked together to stay away. Great fun!
https://www.strava.com/activities/2416505312
Afterwards I wanted another half hour of base and dropped into BRT ride. Really lazy sub 2w/kg ride with literally only a dozen riders there. Settled into the main group of 6 after things split on the climb into the fliers and the normals. Did a climb effort and two sprint efforts before cooling down. Legs felt good so was great to get a couple of hours in, even after missing the 100km. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom