The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

I've updated my Neo with the latest software.....

Might actually ride it later.

Two days of looking outside at nice dry weather and it ****es down and is freezing cold all weekend. :mad:

Gonna give the Cannondale ride a go at 3pm.

Going off the guideline, I should be able to ride the 'A' group. 3 to 3.5w/kg.

Knowing how Zwift goes, that will be 3.5w minimum and an absolute smash fest so I might ride the B group and get all the laps in!

Berger;30493673 said:
Gonna give the Cannondale ride a go at 3pm.

Going off the guideline, I should be able to ride the 'A' group. 3 to 3.5w/kg.

Knowing how Zwift goes, that will be 3.5w minimum and an absolute smash fest so I might ride the B group and get all the laps in!

read 3.5w/kg is recovery pace......5.0w/kg is minimum nessecary:D

BennyC;30493726 said:
If it's anything like the live GCN race I watched this week you will be breathing through your bumhole :eek:

Aye, I watched a cat A race and they shoot off at 500w+ for the first few minutes and then it's 350w for 20mins before it settles down to about 280w rinse and repeat.

BennyC;30493726 said:
If it's anything like the live GCN race I watched this week you will be breathing through your bumhole :eek:

Ridden less KM so far this year than I used to do in a week!

Winter, work, inlaws, so many excuses! :o

Glad I opted for the B race. I ended up in a small group off the front, after the warm up lap I averaged over 260w for the 5 laps, so about 3.5w/kg...

Zwift doesn't cater for the big guy yet & the drafting!

Updated my Neo and the freewheeling action seems to be a bit better (may be in my head though).

Another 45 minute turbo session tonight but my legs went on the last 45second spin cos i was quicker in both the first and second 5mile sections.

Depressingly enough I've now turbo'd to just 2 miles short of my total distance from last year! :(

booyaka;30493336 said:
The Sufferfest - Day 9 - Stage 9 (FINAL ONE): It Seemed Like Thin Air

All done...............totally and utterly spent....

That's a very tough couple of stages to finish, Stage 9 is just grinding and the last 40 mins is torture. I swear the clock was going slower than usual.

Horrendous 9 days but also pleased I done it. Very very empty legs now.

250.8 miles/9141 Calories over the 9 days. Bloody hope this has given me a kick start for the fitness for the year ahead!!

Chapeau!

I've done ISLTA once before, so knew what was coming this morning. Still a slog on very tired legs. It felt like my cardio capacity has increased over the week but my legs were a lactic mess, lacking power.

I'd vote Stage 8 as being the most evil TT session ever. Half is Easy was just a complete grovel-fest and I struggled loads through the first set of Ugly 15s. Did better in the second set, mainly because I closed my eyes and chewed on my stem every time I had that damn gunshot.

Likewise I'm hoping this is a good kick-start for the year. I think my regular Tuesday night TT session will be Elements of Style this week for recovery!

#Chri5#;30497072 said:
Chapeau!

I've done ISLTA once before, so knew what was coming this morning. Still a slog on very tired legs. It felt like my cardio capacity has increased over the week but my legs were a lactic mess, lacking power.

I'd vote Stage 8 as being the most evil TT session ever. Half is Easy was just a complete grovel-fest and I struggled loads through the first set of Ugly 15s. Did better in the second set, mainly because I closed my eyes and chewed on my stem every time I had that damn gunshot.

Likewise I'm hoping this is a good kick-start for the year. I think my regular Tuesday night TT session will be Elements of Style this week for recovery!

Pretty much same as you - actually enjoyed a lot of the long sub threshold bits as it was fairly easy but when it started to crank up things got tricky

Stage 8 was the worst for sure - bravo to all that gave it a go/completed it.

Some unknown reason - I kind of missed it today!! But more punishment tomorrow - going back to see local cycling coach for another session of pain (not sure why i'm doing this to myself!!!)

Did 60% of Sufferfest ToS Stage 6 on saturday morning. Had to bail as running low on time once I'd jammed my headphone cable in my rear mech/cassette... Doh!

Did some fasted/low intensity Zwift spinning on sunday while catching up on some rugby, joined on Benny but was nowhere near warmed up so he zoomed away and I was 'stuck' riding whatever crazy circuit he'd chosen! :rolleyes: Loaded up Zwiftmap and rerouted (my ride route is worse than some of the crazy detours my satnav takens me on!), hunted some hills and the pretzel in reverse for some low cadence/low intensity. Didn't bump into Ben again but two others I knew joined on me so rode a bit with them. 1.5 hours on Zwift flew by!

Need to cancel my SF sub and go back to Zwift for turbo'ing.

ToS activites are listed on SF website (you can see the issues I had with it changing/not saving my FTP): https://app.thesufferfest.com/tos?id=WTkEGB3r8o
BennyC;30490975 said:
I'd be more inclined to wear one of your more decent sets of bibs due to more demanding nature of a turbo session, that being saddle contact time is much higher and more localised than on the road :)
Can't agree more! Just think though - the times you're turbo'ing it's generally not nice enough weather outside to wear summer bibs! ;)
booyaka;30493336 said:
Huge kudos! Supreme effort everyone who completed/participated. Really think I'm going to have a crack at it next year as enjoyed the handful of sessions I did! :cool:
booyaka;30497543 said:
Some unknown reason - I kind of missed it today!! But more punishment tomorrow - going back to see local cycling coach for another session of pain (not sure why i'm doing this to myself!!!)
Sadist!

booyaka;30497543 said:
Stage 8 was the worst for sure - bravo to all that gave it a go/completed it.

My quads are sore today - will break out the foam roller again tonight to give them a good going over.

Two rides in three days! Some sort of UK record since I started work! 45 mins before dinner last night.

A 2.5w/kg ride with two efforts per lap of the wattopia flat course. I stopped after 3 laps for dinner but it was pretty good fun and the group stayed together, didn't race off like some tend to.

Supposedly the adjust intensity option is now available in Zwift Workout Mode. Could be handy to use as an offset until PowerMatch for controlling a Smart Turbo with a PM is available.

A 2.5w/kg ride with two efforts per lap of the wattopia flat course. I stopped after 3 laps for dinner but it was pretty good fun and the group stayed together, didn't race off like some tend to.
Which ride was this and what time did it start? I really want to get myself on that kinda ride but I don't find any/many of the lower w/kg rides start around the time I ride on weeknights after 7pm. Usually back from work at 6 and eating dinner at 7ish so really hard to get on any earlier! Don't really wanna be racing so close to food, but <2.5w/kg I can manage :)
Supposedly the adjust intensity option is now available in Zwift Workout Mode. Could be handy to use as an offset until PowerMatch for controlling a Smart Turbo with a PM is available.
Wasn't it there already with the FTP slider on the workout 'overview' screen (before selection)?

Wasn't it there already with the FTP slider on the workout 'overview' screen (before selection)?

Yes but that served a different purpose.

It's on screen now under the interval listing/structure on the left hand side (you'll see it on my screenshot from yesterdays ride). Meaning you can adjust intensity on the fly where as before you had to 'fix' this before your ride. So if you find you under perform, blow or just generally can't cut it you can decrease the intensity without having to quit & restart the ride/workout meaning you can still have a relatively productive session.

It's only really useful when in ERG mode to end any punishment :p as in resistance mode you still maintain manual control of the trainers resistance.

Yep, sometimes being able to just skip an interval by flicking between ERG/Resistance mode on TR and pedalling softly was useful to provide extra recovery if needed without shortening the workout.

We don't have this luxury yet with Zwift but you could just decrease the intensity a significant amount to the same effect whilst remaining in ERG mode.

The main benefit it provides is a substitue for PowerMatch, so you can just manually adjust the intensity to keep a Smart Turbo in line with a PM during the workout :cool: that is until Zwift crack it themselves :o

Back
Top Bottom