The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Aside the fact they are really handy, it's not about wanting one. Google don't care if you want one, they hand them out to anyone and everyone! I'm honestly amazed there are people on this forum that don't have one! I got to the point I had spares so I was decking out elderly relatives with them.

I guess if you live in Apple/iOS world... then you've got bigger problems to deal with.
Just never needed one so never went looking for one, never had the option for a free one either.
I just cast direct to the TV.

ah ha! All the work paid off... went for an mtb ride in the new forest with some friends, and last time we went I was pushing the bike up the hills and falling way back.
This time I overtook them up the first hill!! :D
but now I need to learn to pace myself, it was not pretty directly thereafter ;)

You've got to learn when to retire or when to pull and injury. Always leave them wanting more.

Need to get myself a second fan for Zwifting over the summer. Did a Z2 ride last night and it was toasty. Would normally be outside but when partner is out in the evenings I can't so its that or nothing.

Need to get myself a second fan for Zwifting over the summer. Did a Z2 ride last night and it was toasty. Would normally be outside but when partner is out in the evenings I can't so its that or nothing.
Someone on bike radar forum said CLEVACLOGS code gives further 10% off already discounted prices at https://www.cleva-uk.com/collections/floor-fans

Still works now, £45 for vacmaster and £73 for remote cardio version.

I'm not convinced more fans would help with the current weather. I find I just breathe in hot air constantly and am unable to continue. If doing indoor cycling now, a proper split air con unit would be essential.

I'm not convinced more fans would help with the current weather. I find I just breathe in hot air constantly and am unable to continue. If doing indoor cycling now, a proper split air con unit would be essential.
I have my fan set so it only just gets my head but mostly my torso and legs.
Then I keep a damp cloth for wiping my head. Fan only on setting 1/3 and it's more than enough. Doing a threshold workout tonight.

I have my fan set so it only just gets my head but mostly my torso and legs.
Then I keep a damp cloth for wiping my head. Fan only on setting 1/3 and it's more than enough. Doing a threshold workout tonight.

Your room must be a lot cooler then mine.

Having been woken up by a gnat 2 nights in the past week, I am very tempted to get air con for optimum sleep as well as to cycle on wet or very windy days.

Having been woken up by a gnat 2 nights in the past week, I am very tempted to get air con for optimum sleep as well as to cycle on wet or very windy days.
Says 28c at the minute. It's a big industrial fan though.
Keep water in my beer fridge as well so that's always 1c help keep cool.

Careful, most of these portable AC units are really loud. We bought a cheapo one last year. ~£350 and while it cools down the rooms really well, you wouldn't want it on all night.

Reactions: fez
I really like the idea of these climbing portals they’ve added recently, but can’t help but feel like they’ve dropped the ball.

Why oh why haven’t they added the real world climbs, albeit in zwifts cartoony fashion? The weird alternate zones they’ve created just feel… weird.

Reactions: fez
I really like the idea of these climbing portals they’ve added recently, but can’t help but feel like they’ve dropped the ball.

Why oh why haven’t they added the real world climbs, albeit in zwifts cartoony fashion? The weird alternate zones they’ve created just feel… weird.
I've done two of them this week including one 20 minutes ago. Tbh if you are going hard enough then the surroundings don't really matter. I can only assume having them the way they are makes it so much easier from a programming point of view and not have to generate backgrounds although I do feel a generic countryside or mountain-scape would be better. The colour coding I feel helps with the effort management.
Passed a few people on tron bikes. Noobs.

I've done two of them this week including one 20 minutes ago. Tbh if you are going hard enough then the surroundings don't really matter. I can only assume having them the way they are makes it so much easier from a programming point of view and not have to generate backgrounds although I do feel a generic countryside or mountain-scape would be better. The colour coding I feel helps with the effort management.
Passed a few people on tron bikes. Noobs.
Oh I get why they made them that way just feel it’s a missed opportunity.

Also… tron noob here!

:D I've got one too but I don't use it much. There are faster bikes depending on route and wheel set up plus you can't see when you are in a draft with it. Regardless though, it doesn't climb well.

Back
Top Bottom