The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Caporegime
Aye, I just stick a computer monitor on my workbench, and have a shelf underneath for the computer. I will eventually* have a larger TV attached to a swing out wall bracket, and might even go for surround sound.

*When the revenue protection officer goes on holiday

Soldato
I'll take a picture of my ghetto setup over the weekend if anyone wants to see? :)

My Vortex and drivechain make so much noise I'll always ride with headphones in!

Yeah the monitor/TV I'm using is an old cast off we used to have in a bedroom. I had hoped to 'acquire' the old 32" Samsung TV from the lounge but when we moved house we had 2 lounges and needed 2 TV's and the 'New TV' didn't produce an 'old TV' surplus to requirements... :rolleyes:

With the arm I have it means I can get the screen right in front of my hoods so the small size doesn't matter a huge amount... The 1366x768 resolution is pretty dire at this short range though! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the info Roady.
The problem I have is my iPad Pro is the 12.9" version and no stands fit that size :mad:
I will get the Wahoo TICKR! HR monitor :)

Soldato
A music stand? A mic stand and fashion some kinda clamp? Or an old Tri bar and glue a quadlock/garmin puck on the back of cheapy plastic ipad case? Or a stemcap garmin mount/elastic band mount for a garmin with a puck on the back of the case etc etc... Lots of home bodge options! ;)

I like the idea of the mic stand, DCR did it and they're pretty cheap with tons of accessories.

Soldato
Whatever you stand your display on (and the display itself) will, or should, end up covered in an equal amount of sweat, snot rockets, tears and occasionally blood (wot) as the floor beneath the bike :p if done properly ;)

Caporegime
I need to get a new PC SFF for running just zwift tbh. I can't be chored in bringing my work laptop home anymore, so don't have anything to run it off. Anyone know any decent recs?
I can get you a decent PC, certainly good enough to run zwift, for a £50/£100 (£100 nets you an ssd) donation to my works charity fund (and I mean charity, not beer).

Hope thats ok Mods?

Last edited:
Soldato
I can run Zwift on a 4 core Braswell passive PC when solo but not in a group ride. HP i5 desktop with integrated graphics is fine though with the 570p option set in a group ride. I have a Radeon HD4650 which needs a low profile bracket to fit the desktop case but that should bump it up to 720p comfortably maybe 1080p.

Soldato
Haha I need to get back up on it. I was getting bursts of 980W when I was actually riding (but then I'm a tubby **** so you know) I look forward to getting back on it now!

I've been doing them fully seated so pretty hard to hold near 800w. Need to sort out a smart trainer though so it can ramp up the resistance for me and I don't have to guess the gearing so much.

Back
Top Bottom