The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
It’s how it calculates the draft, infuriating.

You can stick to another rider unable to get past, or worse, decide to ride out in the wind while the whole bunch is on the other side of the road, slip from the front off the back before your avatar moves over!
Yup! It's seriously annoying! I'm hoping in future that it'll turn into a clever-draft, so you'll favour wheels of people in your friends list, or riders you've ridden alongside during the current session longest with, or riders you've ridden with before. Maybe wishful thinking! :o

Alpe Du Zwift coming to Zwift soon - it looks big !! [nearly 3x the height of the Epic KOM]

https://zwiftinsider.com/alpe-du-zwift/
Can't wait! Maybe I'll eventually unlock my Tron! ;)

Soldato
It’s going take over an hour to climb up it and if it mirrors the Alp d”Huez then the average gradient is 8.1% :eek:
It will probably kill some trainers :p

27101324088_deb400a248_b.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
Cable management overdue :p

qE12IrCl.jpg

ExBzPRil.jpg

TV - Left HT900e - 20" floor fan front - Right HT900e

Kickr - Mac Charger - Spare - Spare

:cool:

3.5mm jack & HDMI routed out of shot to the left. Staring at that mess before was torture! :D

Soldato
Alpe du Zwift is probably going to be released prior to Stage 3 of the Tour of Watopia which is April the 9th & 10th.

The tour starts 1st April and each of the stages has a name which links to a route on Zwift... Except for stage 3 which is 'Tour of Fire & Ice'. The ride is 25.1 km (15.6 miles) and has 1166m (3825ft) of climbing. It hints towards a new start point on the map near the Jungle.

Eric Min uploaded a ride with a very interesting screenshot which hints we'll also see some UI changes (check map area).

Associate
Alpe du Zwift is probably going to be released prior to Stage 3 of the Tour of Watopia which is April the 9th & 10th.

The tour starts 1st April and each of the stages has a name which links to a route on Zwift... Except for stage 3 which is 'Tour of Fire & Ice'. The ride is 25.1 km (15.6 miles) and has 1166m (3825ft) of climbing. It hints towards a new start point on the map near the Jungle.

Eric Min uploaded a ride with a very interesting screenshot which hints we'll also see some UI changes (check map area).

That looks brutal!

Soldato
Winner winner chicken dinner!

B grade win on London up & down race, 30km up and and down Box Hill. Chose the Emonda with 202s and it was worth it, the split guaranteed to come on the hill, but after passing the top I drilled it over the pinch to gap a few riders and make them chase first lap.

Came to the line with one other but won the sprint!

In other news my TV wall bracket came today so if the weather is terrible this weekend at least I can make my training room even better. Need some wall hooks or mounts for the bikes too.

Last edited:
Soldato

Did you do a quick ride up the new hill before work this morning? If not, I'm very disappointed. ;)

Looks like I'm going to have to TT around Volcano Flat to open the three new routes using Alpe Du Zwift, need to progress one and a tiny bit levels. :(

Seems very odd that climbing has no extra XP factor over riding flat routes, it's simply the mileage, almost all my ~92000 feet of climbing this year so far counts for nothing more than the 8/9-miles to the summit depending on route.

Soldato
Bikes plural? Just for Zwift or do you just have a dedicated bike room?

You’re only down the road. Might have to come steal one :D
Road & TT!

Didn’t like the bikes being in the shed plus they take up a lot of room in there.

You only get the same credit for uphill, but then you get all the downhill distance for free! :)

Back
Top Bottom