• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

New drivers boost Stable Diffusion 2.7 times.

Not something with which I've experimented.

Last few drivers have included an HDMI firmware. Not exactly sure what it's doing...
On the 4972 drivers now, and haven't noticed any issues. Everything has been running alright for me (that I've tried) lately.
Hope they keep up the pace. There's been a few driver releases in the last month.

Intel released drivers for Frontiers of Pandora but they've also been plugging away at driver improvements

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (DX12) Up to 8% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
Battlefield V (DX11) Up to 23% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
Crossout (DX11) Up to 5% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
Dishonored 2 (DX11) Up to 16% average FPS uplift at 4K with Ultra settings
Dying Light 2 Stay Human (DX11) Up to 31% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition (DX11) Up to 12% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Highest settings
For Honor (DX11) Up to 14% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Extreme settings
Phasmophobia (DX11) Up to 5% average FPS uplift at 1440p with High settings
Train Sim World 3 (DX11) Up to 34% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings

Yes. Battlemage is rumoured to give performance similar to the RTX 4070 Ti or 4080. I think back to AMD's Ryzen where the third generation completely stomped the competition.

Hardware Unboxed say that XeSS is now better than FSR on AMD GPUs. It lacks frame generation, however, and they didn't test it on Arc GPUs.

He didn't test it on Arc cards because the version of the software that has been upgraded works across all brands, if you own an Arc GPU they automatically run better as the software (XMX) can use the AI hardware on Arc to render a better image. I know he used DLSS in the video but that's just there for comparison and more people have access to that then hardware accelerated XESS.

He didn't test it on Arc cards because the version of the software that has been upgraded works across all brands, if you own an Arc GPU they automatically run better as the software (XMX) can use the AI hardware on Arc to render a better image.

Well yes, but it would be useful to see how it's improved there.

Positive review of the A580 for 1080p Ultra and 1440p (High & Very High) gaming by ETA Prime

He also includes testing with XeSS and gets over 80 fps in CP77 at 1440p.

The attitude towards Arc has shifted a lot, so I do worry that it'll come out and just be the same* as AMD's/Nvidia's offerings, with worse drivers.

*Everything labelled a tier higher and priced more to boot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom