• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

TLDW: the A580 is a fine card for 1080p, but for the money get the RX 6600 instead. The card needs to be at least £50 / $50 cheaper.

Paul's TLDW: it stomps the RTX 3050 and is stomped by the RX 7600 but the RX 7600 is 25% more expensive.
Kitguru's TLDW: not much slower than the A750, stomps the RTX 3050, stomped by the RX 7600. Noisier and more power-hungry too. Note though that they were testing an overclocked card from Sparkle.
HUB's TLDW: ReBAR an issue for the likely target market. Driver quality issues - Intel being new to the game. Performance as above. Get the RX 6600 instead. Note that HUB tested without the new Starfield driver. Again, they tested Sparkle's overclocked A580.

Last edited:
The Acer Predator Bifrost is going so cheap lately, I figured I'd pick one up to mess around with.
I'm expecting some headaches, but for the stuff I'm wanting to play right now it looks like I shouldn't have too many problems.

Just needed something to replace the P40, which has no business being in a ZZAW C2. Just needed some ability to play games whilst thinking what I gaming card I should buy... :D

This guy really likes his A750. He particularly likes it for application acceleration - Da Vinci Resolve in his case. He's even thinking of keeping it over his RX 6950.

The only issues he found were with Halo.

Last edited:
I got Stable Diffusion running last night on it just to test out, and it's a good bit faster than the Tesla P40 for this. Still troubleshooting why SDNext won't work... Image generation isn't too useful for me though, just wanted to test it out.
The only games I've played so far, aside from running some CP2077 benchmarks, were The Outer Worlds and Hogwarts Legacy. Had some weird freezing in menus with Outer Worlds that required the game to be force closed, but Hogwarts Legacy looked and ran great. A clean Windows 11 install (rather than a Win 11 upgrade from a messy Windows 10) has seemingly fixed the Outer Worlds too.

Need to try out some other games this weekend to see what I'm going to have problems with. I hope they do manage to fix the Halo MCC issues at some point, as wouldn't mind doing a play-through of this at some point. It runs on the Ayaneo, but would prefer the desktop for this.

I've decided to take the plunge and try out the Arc 770. I've always been Nvidia in the past and just fancied a change because ...why not. I currently use a 3060ti which has been great, I had also been thinking of trying the Radeon RX7600 but chose the Arc card instead simply because it has 16gb memory and was thinking it would be more future proof. I've gone for the Acer Pred Bifrost edition which was used for £260. It will be used for gaming mainly with B650 ryzen 7700x set up on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I'm a big fan of Apex Legends and spend a lot of time on that so hopefully it will perform well for me. Most recent reviews on YouTube etc say the drivers have drastically improved since launch so I hope this turns out to be a good purchase.

I've decided to take the plunge and try out the Arc 770. I've always been Nvidia in the past and just fancied a change because ...why not. I currently use a 3060ti which has been great, I had also been thinking of trying the Radeon RX7600 but chose the Arc card instead simply because it has 16gb memory and was thinking it would be more future proof. I've gone for the Acer Pred Bifrost edition which was used for £260. It will be used for gaming mainly with B650 ryzen 7700x set up on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I'm a big fan of Apex Legends and spend a lot of time on that so hopefully it will perform well for me. Most recent reviews on YouTube etc say the drivers have drastically improved since launch so I hope this turns out to be a good purchase.
Although, XESS works better with intel CPU's, cannot quite remember in which way though. I had a A770, it is probably better now than when I had one, I got mine to boost to 2715 MHZ. I will await battlemage, my money will not be going to AMD or Nvidia. I will sell my small rig over Xmas, I have no use for it.

There'll definitely be places where this card is a downgrade, and I guess it's a sidegrade for most things?
Your reasoning is the same as mine. "Why not?" :D
So far it's been fun messing about with, but I really feel like there's still a good bit more performance to come from drivers.
The bifrost has been relatively quiet so far for me, even in a case that's quite horrific for temps.

Intel said:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection* (DX11)
  • Up to 750% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Enhanced settings

Well, looks like time to give it an install to see.

I installed it and started off CE tonight, just wanted to get through the tutorial and land to see how it ran. I had a couple of stutters, but very enjoyable. Been a long time since I've played Halo, forgot how "nice" it feels on a controller*. It really was just a couple of stutters, but I'm not sure if they were related to a specific game event or effect.

*I apologise for being a filthy controller using peasant.

Last edited:
There's bound to be hundreds of games that have terrible issues, just the Arc userbase is too small, and the games have fallen out of fashion.
I'll be giving Halo some more attention this weekend, as well as continuing on The Outer Worlds. Also thinking I have to pick up Robocop, as it looks amazing. Any broken games I encounter, I'll either just have to wait for driver update, or play something else from the ever increasing backlog.

Back
Top Bottom