• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Have you tried to DM or tag Steve in a tweet? If your a patreon member your chances would be very high.

I've seen the issue raised in comments and go unanswered. I have already asked by Tweet and it has gone unanswered. The integrity of the team is unquestionable, but by ignoring Arc the usefulness - and thus value - of their work is significantly diminished.

I've seen the issue raised in comments and go unanswered. I have already asked by Tweet and it has gone unanswered. The integrity of the team is unquestionable, but by ignoring Arc the usefulness - and thus value - of their work is significantly diminished.
I think they had to buy cards retail and didnt get free from intel so they got sour taste and avoid arc. Plenty of other vids popping up with reviews with newer drivers.

Some Arc news for the interested.

Early Arc cards have a security flaw.

As an owner of one of these cards I'm not worried. Apparently it requires local access, and the card is only on a test system.

Intel have released a new XeSS SDK, version 1.2

Intel is working on Battlemage

Latest firmware increases clock speeds for the a380

Since when have amd or Nvidia released updates that make the cards run faster and I don't mean drivers - a driver is a translation layer, it just make the performance more efficient but it does not increase raw GPU performance. Your teraflops of FP32 doesn't change because you released a new driver

Last edited:
I really need to get my A770 back in my main Desktop and re-test Destiny 2. One game where it was noticeably behind the 3060Ti I had at the time irregardless of the resolution.

Also going to be testing my A750 in a virtualised environment so will be interesting to see how well (or bad) that goes. :cry:

Sparkle are now manufacturing 16GB A770 cards, calling them Titans

I like what I'm hearing about Battlemage lately.

But the issue with drivers might be a problem for me, given that Intel drivers haven't been great so far.

Atm I'm considering buying either a 6950XT, 7800XT, 7900XT or maybe even a 7900XTX next year. But the Battlemage is now on my radar if it has 4070+ power for a decent price.

Puget Systems have an interesting article on the productivity side of Arc:

TLDR: 40% improvement in Da Vinci Resolve, now on a par with the RTX 3060 and 4060.

Back
Top Bottom