• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Soldato
I haven't ran any Vulkan games since putting mine in alongside the 5700X3D. I had always heard people saying their performance was just better on Intel platforms. I assumed it was rubbish, but maybe was something to it?
At least they've found the problem, and are finally doing something about it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Only took 8 months. Yay Intel!

I think I will miss a good 2 more gens until Intel sort out their drivers :cry:

Tbh I don't even care for playing games day 1 so much apart from a select few. But still, it is never good when it takes a company that long to get a game working.

Intel needs to keep chipping away at it though. Their drivers will only get better.

Soldato

Sort of wish there was a designated handheld section, but it's Intel related...
I hope we see a good number of follow-up reviews, to see if this is true or not, but if it is. MSI have to be one of the most moronic companies around.
They've torched their name in the handheld space on the first effort, by launching something too early.

Soldato
Actual Battlemage news from Gamers Nexus!
It looks like Battlemage fixes a lot of the problems with Alchemist and is a lot more efficient, hopefully that will allow Intel to scale up the their chips so they compete with the higher end offerings from AMD and Nvidia. If the improvements to Ray Tracing are as good as we've been led to believe Intel could very well have a compelling product to bring to market.

Soldato
OP
Lunar Lake Xe2 appears to be 50% faster than Xe1. If that scales linearly to discrete GPUs that will put the B770 at around - maybe a bit more - than the performance of the RTX 4070 Ti (non Super). OCUK sell the 4070 Ti for about £740 (and the Super for £770), and we all know that price drops are coming later this year with the RTX 5000 series incoming. But it will also put the B770 at between the performance of the RX 7800XT and RX 7900 GRE, and the latter sells for £500, so I think Intel will have to price the B770 at around £400 if they launch in September.

Soldato
Now I'm an Intel GPU fan just now, but we have to face facts.
No current manufacturer will release a modern GPU at a price that any of us think reasonable.
It's 500gbp at release, at minimum. Remember you are in rip off nation. It will probably be higher.

Think like a modern company. Release at a high price. Have the product torn to shreds in reviews, then reduce the price as they are stuck on shelves.
It's tried-and-tested. Works every time.

Suspended
Now I'm an Intel GPU fan just now, but we have to face facts.
No current manufacturer will release a modern GPU at a price that any of us think reasonable.
It's 500gbp at release, at minimum. Remember you are in rip off nation. It will probably be higher.

Think like a modern company. Release at a high price. Have the product torn to shreds in reviews, then reduce the price as they are stuck on shelves.
It's tried-and-tested. Works every time.

Part of the problem is VAT, because buying something with your hard earned money that you don't strictly need to survive' TAX on top of already taxed income. Making a £415 graphics card £500.

When Keir Starmer was asked if he was going to put VAT up his answer was "its not on our agenda" that's political speak for 'we need you to think we wont because we want your vote and with that need to use weasel words so we have a way to say we didn't technically lie when we later do it"

VAT will go up in the next parliament. Because now that we are in power for ...reasons... it is on our agenda.

Last edited:
Soldato
Part of the problem is VAT, because buying something with your hard earned money that you don't strictly need to survive' TAX on top of already taxed income. Making a £415 graphics card £500.

When Keir Starmer was asked if he was going to put VAT up his answer was "its not on our agenda" that's political speak for 'we need you to think we wont because we want your vote and with that need to use weasel words so we have a way to say we didn't technically lie when we later do it"

VAT will go up in the next parliament. Because now that we are in power for ...reasons... it is on our agenda.

If people aren't feeling the pinch already, raising VAT certainly will do that and destroy any remaining growth in the retail sector.

Last edited:
Suspended
If people aren't feeling the pinch already, raising VAT certainly will do that and destroy any remaining growth in the retail sector.

Yeah unfortunately they don't think like this, NGO's and public servants are always looking for more money to give to someone who has nothing to do with this country...

Always someone somewhere who needs the money you earned more than you do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom