• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Intel Arc owners thread

Soldato
With resale of the existing card, I would. I wouldn't recommend to most without fully knowing what their situation was.
I went from a 2070 to the A770, and I've been happy with the move.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, thing is the A770 is not much better than the 5700.

"graph"
Thanks for the info. I had seen this video comparing the two. The upgrade seems higher at higher resolutions (I use 1440) and varies a lot between games.

I agree the 7700xt would be a clearer upgrade but it still seems a bit higher priced than I feel it should be. I have noticed amd is doing a 2 game bundle atm on radeon sales.

Associate
With resale of the existing card, I would. I wouldn't recommend to most without fully knowing what their situation was.
I went from a 2070 to the A770, and I've been happy with the move.
That was the plan. I also have some 'vouchers' that I could put towards its which will bring the cost down well below 200.

Interesting to hear that you are pleased having gone from the 2070 to the a770 as I think the 2070 was about the same performance as the 5700.

Soldato
I don't think the 7700xt is a card to buy right now. At it's price point, we should be seeing 16gb vram. Limited memory bus was a design choice, it doesn't make me want to buy it.
If the A770 is 230gbp as we've seen in some stories, and you're selling on the 5700. Then I think it's a good buy, if you're playing relatively modern titles.

For me, I just wanted to see if Arc cards were as bad as they were made out to be. Probably they were, but not in the time I have owned one. I also wanted a smaller card, as the cooler on my 2070 was ridiculous (Colorful's iGame 2070 Super Vulcan).
Price on the used market has actually been creeping up a little here in China, but I'm still thinking about buying another A770 to run some larger LLMs.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think the 7700xt is a card to buy right now. At it's price point, we should be seeing 16gb vram. Limited memory bus was a design choice, it doesn't make me want to buy it.
That is my feeling towards it but I suspect that I, like many people, just haven't adjusted yet to the current gpu market. Whether I am looking at the 7700xt, 7900 gre or 4070s, they all look more expensive that they should be to me. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to change.

Back
Top Bottom