The Intel Quadcore Database

Associate
A little tinkering with the cooling and a slight increase in vcore has seen me with a clock speed of 3514mhz.
Will test overnight for stability but it seems ok.

Which vcore should i be watching
1)The one in bios
2)the one in cpu-z when idle
3)the one in cpu-z when under load.

They vary quite a lot.

Would you advise changing the vcore on the northbridge and soutbridge...ive left them on auto for the moment

Also what is FSB Termination voltage.

My idle temps are currently 33-39c. But when priming jump up to about 63-67c

Associate
And the top of the CPU is beneath my waterblock :D.BUT,I have a photo of my chip from when I was building my system :)
Its a L720B026.Never thought it would be on the CPU lol.

Associate
Just got round to swapping out my P5W-DH and putting in a P5K-Premium(Black Pearl Edition, to much hollywood being watched at Asus I
mo lol),where as before the highest I could get my Q6600 was 3ghz at any settings, it is now sat at 3.6ghz(400x9)@1.425 all the rest are on auto as I am not familiar with this board just yet. Runs all the usual benchies no problem and currently @3hrs45mins P95 small fft's this is using version 25.3 hopefully I will be able to post some sceenies for verification around 1.30. Load temps at the moment are 60/60/54/54 with a Storm G4 rev2. I need to try remounting the block and eventually swap it for a D-Tek or GTX. It is a real shame about the P5W as it has been one of the most stable boards I have owned and takes my E6600 to 3.6ghz 24/7.

Associate
Update
8hrs P95 v25.3 small fft's stable.

P95%20Stable.jpg

[email protected] 400x9 1.425vcore
Revision GO
Batch L724A828
Asus P5K-Premium 0204 Bios
Temps 60/60/54/54
Cooling Custom Water Storm G4 rev2, Pa120.2+Pa120.1,D5

Soldato
It'll be volt modded, cpu lapped, and new gfx inserted into loop by the weekend :D

Well, 2 out of 3 aint bad :D

Volt modded: 1.5v in bios = 1.49v in windows and 1.506v loaded, very happy with that, and has primed at 1.4125v perfectly stable..

Cpu lapped: well, i was too eager to play with my new toy... see below ;)

New Gfx: Thanks to clone i am now the proud new owner of an 88 Ultra, (currently sat at 720/2380 for anyone who can be bothered to read me showing off) and have just managed to break the 16k mark in '06 :eek:

Better get this baby lapped now to get these temps down.

Next thing to do is get myself a loverly new abit board... and just out of interest, does anyone know of any waterblocks that'll fit the ip35 pro's NB? and are there such things as mosfet/pwn coolers? (heard that these get pretty toasty on water cooling, but luckily mine is sat next to my rear case fan, and is barely warm to the touch)

Soldato
and are there such things as mosfet/pwn coolers? (heard that these get pretty toasty on water cooling, but luckily mine is sat next to my rear case fan, and is barely warm to the touch)
There is a waterblock for the PWM, but I think it was specially made by one particular company (some german place) that sell it themselves, and are probably competitors so I can't link to it. Other than that I've not seen any other PWM coolers for the IP35 (Thermalright's don't fit).

Soldato
Well, 2 out of 3 aint bad :D

Volt modded: 1.5v in bios = 1.49v in windows and 1.506v loaded, very happy with that, and has primed at 1.4125v perfectly stable..

Cpu lapped: well, i was too eager to play with my new toy... see below ;)

New Gfx: Thanks to clone i am now the proud new owner of an 88 Ultra, (currently sat at 720/2380 for anyone who can be bothered to read me showing off) and have just managed to break the 16k mark in '06 :eek:

Better get this baby lapped now to get these temps down.

Next thing to do is get myself a loverly new abit board... and just out of interest, does anyone know of any waterblocks that'll fit the ip35 pro's NB? and are there such things as mosfet/pwn coolers? (heard that these get pretty toasty on water cooling, but luckily mine is sat next to my rear case fan, and is barely warm to the touch)

Very impressive, could we please see a screenie of the 16k?

Associate
Anyone do a stability run at 3200Mhz?? Remember what the temps an voltages were like?
Getting mine in a few weeks :)
Will an ip35 do for this speed or should i cough up an go for the -pro an its extra features (i want it cool an quiet)??

Back
Top Bottom