The Intel Quadcore Database

Soldato
At the time this database was up and running ibt wasnt available, so prime 8hr + shots were the requirement.:)

Fair enough answer. Shot to go with above:

primeshot.jpg

Soldato
Yeah I didn't think they were too bad. The low temps are much higher in that screen than what they normally are as I started coretemp after I started Prime. Now Prime has stopped:
reallowtemp.jpg

Shame between the difference in temps overclocked and not. Overclocked high: 68, stock: ~45. Also loving that my system is almost silent, just need to change the damn coolers on the 4850's but I can't get the X bracket off one of them as the small screws are done up way too tightly :(

Caporegime
Difference between cores is the norm unfortunately, im on my third intel quad, q6600, q9550 and i7. All of them had a bit of difference at idle and load, ive only ever seen one screenshot of a q6600 that had perfectly even temps across the 4 cores.

Soldato
Difference between cores is the norm unfortunately, im on my third intel quad, q6600, q9550 and i7. All of them had a bit of difference at idle and load, ive only ever seen one screenshot of a q6600 that had perfectly even temps across the 4 cores.

Oh, I understand that, I was just saying about the fact that when the cpu is overclocked under load it's like 20oc more than at stock load.

Caporegime
Ahh i got you now mate, 2 x 4850's (very nice btw) will probably be adding a fair bit of heat to the case, therefore upping the idle temps a bit. Still mid 40's idle is well below safe limits, id only worry at 75c or above which your unlikely to see in normal use.

Soldato
Yeah that's true, it was hitting 75oc while running Intel Burn Test when I first installed it but that was before the thermal paste had cured, now that it has it's knocked 7oc off and stays under 70oc so I'm happy with that for a 4GHz cpu :D

But miffed at not being to get that cooler off though as I've got 2 Akasa Vortexx's ready to put on the 4850 which will make it run cooler and extract hot air out the case, where as at the minute I've got the single slot cooler that came with all the original 4850's and as you say they are just adding to heat inside the case. :(

Caporegime
FPO or batch no is the code that indicates the place, time and date of manufacture of the cpu, some batches are considered to be better overclockers than others, the number code will read something like this.

L803A746

Associate
updated failing due to high temps

80 + isnt safe 24/7 for me
p.s home made blocks will not out perform current cpu blocks they really are that good now :(

* Update of water cooling stuff (had a dig in my box of bits)
moved to a DD TDX and bigger rad :D

testing again !!!!

Last edited:

JHC

JHC

Associate
I was going to post my OC in here but then I realised I'd buggered it up. I hadn't got all my screenshots from in screen, I'd cut them all out individually for neatness' sake. (massive facepalm)

Having now stopped Prime, I'm not starting another 8+ hours of it now. Damnit! lol.

Edit: Oh - seems this thread's a bit dead, too. Two facepalms in one post. How smooth am I?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom