The Intel Quadcore Database

str

str

Soldato
That fix for Vista x64 uses a program called Atsiv from Linchpin Labs to load CoreTemp's driver. Atsiv has had it's certificate revoked and has wrongly (IMO) been added to Windows Defender as a malware risk. You can read all about it here:

http://www.linchpinlabs.com/resources/atsiv/usage-design.htm

Looks like Microsoft didn't like Linchpin Labs releasing a tool that allowed the loading of unsigned drivers.

Associate
has anyone who is good at clocking got a bit of time to help me stabilize my b3 please?

ive got a mac running next to the system so can go threw it on msn if anyone is willing to help me :(

Soldato
As an update my 2 flatmates with their G0 stepping quads (both same stepping as Jokester) are at 3.6GHz on air using Thermalright Ultra-120s.
Can't get either of them to leave prime running 8 hours though, if it boots up into windows and doesn't crash after 5 minutes of prime its good enough for them. lol.

Think I'm gonna give in and buy one to join the fun.

Soldato
Should be able to get that easy :)

Both my flatmates upstairs are benching at 3.7Ghz without a problem with temps (over the time 3dmark06 runs anyway)

One of them should be running prime95 overnight to see how it lasts.
I'm worried about those damn coolers embarrassing my water loop when I buy a quad soon....

Soldato
Should be able to get that easy :)

Both my flatmates upstairs are benching at 3.7Ghz without a problem with temps (over the time 3dmark06 runs anyway)

One of them should be running prime95 overnight to see how it lasts.
I'm worried about those damn coolers embarrassing my water loop when I buy a quad soon....

By the way - this is the same Robert as from the CLUK IRC channel :)

Soldato
CPU - Q6600
Revison - G0
FPO# - L726A854
Clockspeed - 3600
Vcore - 1.425v
Motherboard - Asus P5K-E
Cooling - Custom Water
Average Temp - 50

Will go higher when my new psu arrives.

q6600yx7.jpg

Back