** The iOS10 thread **

Commissario
OP
Man of Honour
A lot of people saying it does it based on your average speed, so if you suddenly drop from 40mph to 2mph it will guess you've parked your car, but that can't be true surely as it would lead to some inaccurate guesses especially in busy car parks, I'm guessing there's all kinds of clever things they are doing with the GPS, accelerometer to work out typical driving movements with (moving a steering wheel etc).

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
So if you have a bricked iPhone, you'll need to do the following:

1. Update iTunes.
2. Plug the phone in and click update
3. This should then re-download the 9.3.5 update but unplug your phone at this point. - Note the arrow in the top aright hand corner.
4. One the download complete plug your phone and complete the restore.
5. Unplug and plug the phone back into iTunes and select the download only option for the IOS 10 update and let it down. - Note the arrow in the top aright hand corner.
6. Plug you phone in once its downloaded and there we go...

Don
Mine updated ok, I was sweating reading this case after starting the update mind.

With touch ID I used to not have to press the home button for it to unlock, now I do, is that the same for everyone?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Apple have now confirmed the OTA bug has now been resolved.

"We experienced a brief issue with the software update process, affecting a small number of users during the first hour of availability. The problem was quickly resolved and we apologize to those customers. Anyone who was affected should connect to iTunes to complete the update or contact AppleCare for help.

Soldato
I know it gets said a lot, but this kind of thing wouldn't have happened under Jobs. Apple is always about getting it out the door now, their QA department seems to be on a constant holiday

The quality of iOS has been plummetting year on year. I used to feel safe upgrading as soon as an update appeared, now I stay away for a significant amount of time.

The fact that Apple goes to ever increasing lengths to nag/force you into upgrading shows how many people are holding off for longer these days.

Associate
My ipad pro 9.7 froze as well during update (sorted with iTunes), Iphone 6 update was all fine...So 50% bugged for me:rolleyes:

Don't like white notification banners so far... also I prefered widgets from the top rather than notification + swipe to get to widgets...

Associate
Really surprised how little this has actually changed at all to say it's the biggest release ever. Suppose I'll get used to it but feels like they've really gone downhill with innovation with new phones and the software too.

Back
Top Bottom