The iOS11 Thread

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Just a heads up on the battery thing. On my old 6plus the battery indicator would drop like a stone. Just travelling to work (half an hour) with spotify playing downloaded music almost 30% gone. However, I noticed that when it got to 1% last night it stayed there for nearly three hours. So the battery indicator in my experience is wrong.

The problem is, I can't trust it. It may die any minute so carrying my anker charger is an annoyance.

Soldato
I hope 11.0.1 addresses performance issues along with the bug fixes. My iPad can’t even scroll through photos without noticeable stuttering :|

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This has been posted a couple of times on the EE forums ( example link) and they say they're looking into it. Hopefully it'll be back soon, it was a great feature.

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll have to keep using the EE app for now.

Just a heads up on the battery thing. On my old 6plus the battery indicator would drop like a stone. Just travelling to work (half an hour) with spotify playing downloaded music almost 30% gone. However, I noticed that when it got to 1% last night it stayed there for nearly three hours. So the battery indicator in my experience is wrong.

The problem is, I can't trust it. It may die any minute so carrying my anker charger is an annoyance.

Sounds more like a battery issue rather than OS. If you take it to Apple they'll run a diagnostics on it FOC.

Has it only been happening since 11?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Sounds more like a battery issue rather than OS. If you take it to Apple they'll run a diagnostics on it FOC.

Has it only been happening since 11?

Yup, been fine on 10 but as soon as I installed 11 the indicator was no good so surely a software issue if it literally happened after installing the new OS. On the first reboot I sat and watched it tick down 1% every 90 seconds, rebooting it fixed then but it was still way off.

I'm going to test today now 11.0.1 is installed, down to 82% since 7.30am so looking a little better.

If not I'll pop into Apple but it's looking like a good excuse to buy the new iPhone anyway.

Soldato
Installed on my 12.9” iPad Pro (2nd gen), haven’t really noticed a difference in performance. It’s not terrible, but there’s really jarring stuttering when scrolling through apps in the multitasking panel, and even when swiping through photos :mad:

Also had some connection spaz outs with my Bluetooth dock which I’ve not had before... but that may be an issue with the dock rather than iOS.

My iPad 9.7” seems to have had some performance boost, but it’s still far from 10.3.3 smoothness. Exiting apps (especially Safari) causes stutter.

Man of Honour
No problems at all on my 6s Plus, it's been fine since the iOS 11 update.

Battery life was slightly worse but it soon got back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom