The iOS11 Thread

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Just a heads up on the battery thing. On my old 6plus the battery indicator would drop like a stone. Just travelling to work (half an hour) with spotify playing downloaded music almost 30% gone. However, I noticed that when it got to 1% last night it stayed there for nearly three hours. So the battery indicator in my experience is wrong.

The problem is, I can't trust it. It may die any minute so carrying my anker charger is an annoyance.
I had this on my 6S. I let it run itself into the ground (until it powered off), and after that it has been fine.

V F

V F

Soldato
I had this on my 6S. I let it run itself into the ground (until it powered off), and after that it has been fine.

That method seems to reset the battery indicator. I’ve never actually done it but so many guides seems to state it.

Soldato
I restored in udf mode through iTunes then from a back up.
Seems much smoother now and battery life is back to good again.

May give this one a whirl tonight. Performance is no issue but battery life is still terrible with iOS 11.0.1.

Another gripe is how crap the App Store is. You go on an app's page and get presented with 6-9 year old reviews. How in the hell are those useful at all? I know this was present in the betas too so I assume this is Apple trying to follow Facebook/Instagram in not showing things in chronological order, but it's seriously unhelpful.

Soldato
OP
I read that they removed the app sizes from the app store too, which sounds pretty dumb. Some apps I'm happy to upgrade when on cellular, some I'd rather wait until on wifi.

Soldato
I read that they removed the app sizes from the app store too, which sounds pretty dumb. Some apps I'm happy to upgrade when on cellular, some I'd rather wait until on wifi.

The size that used to show on the Updates page was not the update size, merely the total app size. You could safely say that the update size would be no higher than that though :p

Associate
Another gripe is how crap the App Store is. You go on an app's page and get presented with 6-9 year old reviews. How in the hell are those useful at all? I know this was present in the betas too so I assume this is Apple trying to follow Facebook/Instagram in not showing things in chronological order, but it's seriously unhelpful.

Couldn't agree more, really not liking the new App Store.
Got battery issues on my IPad Air 2 after updating to IOS 11. Battery dropped by 40% overnight whilst sat on my bedside cabinet doing nothing, this after installing the 11.0.1 update. My daugher's 6S lost 50% yesterday while not being used during the day.

V F

V F

Soldato
Is the weather widget working? Far left. Mine still cannot find the location with the services enabled. Even done a restore via iTunes and no further forward. Updated to 11.0.1 via iTunes and still the same. Never had these problems under iOS 10.

“Unable to load weather”

V F

V F

Soldato
I’ve ran out of troubleshooting solutions to try then. :(
Rebooted.
Forced restarts.
Reset locations.
Complete erase and reinstall/restore.

No further foward.

Also why in the location both devices are sharing location. If I pick iPhone, iPad uses that supposedly but if I pick iPhone, iPad uses that. :s

I cannot get either device to use their own.

Soldato
A weird change I’ve noticed to the keyboard (on iPad anyway, dunno about iPhone) is that ' and " have been replaced with ’ and ” (you can still get to ' and " via long presses, but they’re not the defaults). No biggie I guess, but I noticed that it confused certain forum software as it got replaced with XML or HTML code or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
My battery was fine in my 6, but since installing 11.0.1 this morning it has been dire. Normally, after an evenings charge the battery will display 60+% after 24hrs. Today after the update and similar usage the battery is displaying less than 30% in less than 24hrs

Associate
iOS 11.0.1 all ok on the household:

9.7" iPad Pro
12.1" 2nd gen iPad Pro
2 x iPhone 7 Plus

I personally thought the minor update made things a bit smoother, but no complaints so far. Obviously, the updates make the iPad's much more laptop lite, especially as I have Logitech keyboard cases for them both.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

A weird change I’ve noticed to the keyboard (on iPad anyway, dunno about iPhone) is that ' and " have been replaced with ’ and ” (you can still get to ' and " via long presses, but they’re not the defaults). No biggie I guess, but I noticed that it confused certain forum software as it got replaced with XML or HTML code or something.
They are "smart" quotes, so they lean left and right for opening and closing. You can disable it, the setting is called smart punctuation.

Soldato
Not sure whats happened but my Iphone8 came with 11.0. Everything was going nicely.

I upgraded to 11.1 and now my car no longer recognises it as a media device. It charges when plugged into USB but won't play music, bluetooth calling seems to work fine.

Is this likely to be a car issue? It's a 2011 Alfa Giulietta (so lots of electrical gremlins!), it recognises my work iphone 6S just fine.

Associate
Just a quick word on battery drain etc. For years since my iPhone 6, Ive always turned the battery meter/% OFF and found it doesn't drain hardly at all in night, whilst before, i used to put it in low powered mode and 95 % at night became like 60% in the morning. Maybe some people can try this?

At writing I'm on 93% battery, with 55 minutes usage. (iOS 10.3.3 btw)

Tony.

Back
Top Bottom