*** The iPad Air thread ***

Soldato
Just ordered a 5s along with an iPad Air and Lightning cable.

Received an email today telling me one of my items is on its way!

Just a shame it's the Lightning cable lol :'(

Soldato
The WIFI is a lot quicker than the iPad 3 as well, getting 111MB over WIFI when I'm in front of the router, couldn't get much more than 50MB before. Am on 120MB so don't think I'd get much higher over WIFI.

Does it still not recognise that you have read emails like on my ipad2? And is the browser experience quicker now?

The browser is definitely quicker, iOS7 browser in generally I found is quicker though. Don't check my emails on the iPad so can't answer that.

Soldato
how do you test wifi speed im on crappy 2 meg so thats hardly going to strain the twin wifi lol

Indeed, surely it's limited to the speed of your Internet connection unless there's some option to connect to a local server?

I tried it and that app seems b0rked. The classic Speedtest.net app gives me around 50Mb/s whereas that one struggles to reach 6Mb/s.

Soldato
Just got my 32GB white from Tesco. Also got the full blue wrap around case. Bit disappointed with the colors so the pale blue was best of a average color bunch!

Soldato
Try returning to the home screen from an open app first by using the home button then by using a pinch gesture. Bet the former is totally smooth whilst the latter stutters slightly.
I noticed this, it seems to kind of just refresh itself.. hopefully can be fixed soon :)

My colleague was playing Despicable Me on my iPad air yesterday, he said it didn't run as well compared to his iPad 4... we got them side by side and I agree, iPad 4 was smoother.

Back
Top Bottom