*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Hitman
Soldato
Is the base frame part any better than the previous, I found that on the Rebel it went very weak and floppy very quickly, the Neo was much better.

From the reviews I read/watched about the CRM, the 'saggy bottom' has been fixed :)

Hard to tell from my own view as I've only had it less than 12 hours, but it certainly feels 'tougher'.

Soldato
how do i stop itunes starting and my iphone sycning every time i plug it in to charge?

its really annoying and i cant see any option to stop it in itunes.

ah i done it! had to untick it on the iphone page AND in the options :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone had any complaints about sound muffled sometimes when speaking on the phone? When I speak to my girlfriend she says she can barely hear me sometimes. Is the 3GS known to have microphone faults?

Last edited:
Associate
I bought a 3GS on Wednesday from Orange, PAYG. It has 2 dead pixels on the screen, so took it into the orange store today and they said they aren't allowed to issue replacements, Apple say they can't do it, it has to be done through Apple :/.

So they made me an appointment at an Apple store for tomorrow at 11am, woman on the phone at the store said they should issue me a replacement.

Anyone have any experience with the apple stores? and how the deal with issues like this?

Thanks!

Soldato
Has anyone had any complaints about sound muffled sometimes when speaking on the phone? When I speak to my girlfriend she says she can barely hear me sometimes. Is the 3GS known to have microphone faults?

I don't think the mic on the phone is that sensitive, with this phone I usually need to keep the mic of phone fairly close to my mouth otherwise my voice isn't very clear. However with other phones they were usually a bit better at picking up voice even if the mic part was a bit away from your mouth.

Soldato

Might sound obvious but you aren't putting your hand over the mic by any chance? (I did this at first then realised my mistake when everyone told me how crap I sounded on my new phone)

Associate
Just got my iphone as I finally got fed up with the x1 breaking. All I can say is wow, its definitely a big step up from the 2g I had.... shame there isn't a a group sms.

Associate
How do I get photos off my iPhone onto my PC?

Can't seem to do this with iTunes?

If I uninstall ''Apple Mobile Device Support'' from control panel, when I plug my phone in, it gets recognised in explorer, but then the phone won't work with iTunes. It comes up with a message saying ''This iPhone cannot be used on this computer because the required software isn't installed'', something along those lines anyway. A uninstall and reinstall of iTunes fixes that.

When I reinstall to get it working with iTunes again, it no longer gets recognised in explorer?

Any ideas? using Windows 7 64-Bit.

Last edited:
Associate
allo fellas:

looking to pick up a 3gs over the xmas season... now i know this is normally a bit of a self-defeating question in the world of tech, but does anyone know if the iphone '4g' is anywhere near the horizon? when do apple normally launch their new flavour-of-the-year gadgets? just dont want to be the typical idiot that buys into a 3gs just as the '4g' next-gen phone becomes available...

by the way, do the apple store deliver quick? don't think i can be bothered to drive down to the apple store at cribbs causeway :p.

Soldato
allo fellas:

looking to pick up a 3gs over the xmas season... now i know this is normally a bit of a self-defeating question in the world of tech, but does anyone know if the iphone '4g' is anywhere near the horizon? when do apple normally launch their new flavour-of-the-year gadgets? just dont want to be the typical idiot that buys into a 3gs just as the '4g' next-gen phone becomes available...

by the way, do the apple store deliver quick? don't think i can be bothered to drive down to the apple store at cribbs causeway :p.

Plenty of rumours about the v4 over at macrumours...I would wait. Probably be out July ish time

Associate
allo fellas:

They have released a new version around June/July every year since the release of the original in 2007. I got my original iPhone in May '08 and was so impressed I upgraded to the 3G a couple of months later. :p

Soldato
My 3GS battery is dying!

It drops literally 20% an hour - when its doing sweet F/A.

Once when using GPS it was at 35% then turned itself off. Two hours later it came back with 7%.

Then it was sat at 55%, turned itself off with low battery screen then 30 mins later had 35% left.

Its broken!

It fixed itself a week later btw...

Been fine since :)

Longest working iPhone i've had so far :p

Cracking piece of kit.

Soldato
allo fellas:

Don't wait. You will be waiting forever with Apple products. Get it for xmas and enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom