Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was really shocked at the difference. The difference between using a 7 with the adapter and a 5S straight into the headphone socket is huge. It sounds almost like my ears are a bit blocked with cotton wool when I listen on the 7.

The headphones I got are significantly better. I guess the DAC in the adapter isn't great.

Soldato
I'll give it another go later i think my headphones are still in my car.

Those headphones you got, do they protrude much? Wouldn't mind getting some headphones for when I ride my motorbike but they need to be small enough that they don't get squashed between my ear and helmet.

Soldato
They protrude less than my Sennheisers, partially because there's a kink (for want of a better word)in them which makes them stick out less.

Depending on your crashhat they might work out OK, but I have a feeling they'll stick out just a tad too far.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Got the wife iphone 7 plus. It's randomly ringing people but usually it cuts out before ring goes through.

So updated to latest software and it did it again.:confused:

Soldato
Got the wife iphone 7 plus. It's randomly ringing people but usually it cuts out before ring goes through.

So updated to latest software and it did it again.:confused:

That sucks!

I'm still waiting for mine, ETA 3rd Dec.

When did you order yours? 5th Oct here lol

Cheers,

G

Associate
Had quite a bad experience in the Apple Store Brighton today. I've been considering a 7 but wanted to get my 6S Plus repaired first as its still under warranty.

The built in speakers at the bottom of the phone have gone half volume and fuzzy - at first the "Genius Bar" dude said it was probs filled with dust so went out back to take the cover off and give it a clean. He then came back out and claimed it sounded better which I did not appreciate at all because it was exactly the same, then wanted to compare with a iPhone 7's speakers (which are stereo) after I asked to compare with another 6S Plus!

Not too sure what he was hoping for by not fixing the problem properly tbh, so the phone is going to have a speaker replacement tomorrow - hope everything goes OK, I usually don't fancy things being taken apart and put back together again as its never quite the same.

Regardless the whole experience put me off getting a 7, every iPhone I've had has generated some sort of problem. Unlucky?

Soldato
It sounds like it; I've had pretty much every iPhone since the 3GS and I've never had anything go wrong with any of them.

Having a job shifting my 6S Plus at the moment, don't fancy eBay due to the extortionate fees but getting zero interest on AVF and FB Marketplace is only inhabited by people who think you'll consider ludicrously low offers. Might end up trading it in for Apple Store vouchers to go towards a Watch at this rate...

Soldato
Gumtree, sold mine on there locally last year for an okay price cash. No listing or final value fees or you can pin your post for a fiver or something to get greater exposure

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

It sounds like it; I've had pretty much every iPhone since the 3GS and I've never had anything go wrong with any of them.

Having a job shifting my 6S Plus at the moment, don't fancy eBay due to the extortionate fees but getting zero interest on AVF and FB Marketplace is only inhabited by people who think you'll consider ludicrously low offers. Might end up trading it in for Apple Store vouchers to go towards a Watch at this rate...
What's wrong with one of the phone recycling places? By the time you deal with time wasters, pay eBay and Paypal fees, you're not far off what those places offer.

Soldato

You've got the postcount... sell it here?

Soldato
I managed to sell my 64GB 6S Plus on Bumtree for £500 a few weeks after the 7 came out (Not trying to rub it in :D). That was obviously after the obligatory "what's the lowest you're willing to accept" and "will you take a knackered old iPhone 5 + £200?" replies... despite my ad clearly stating 'no offers' :rolleyes:

If that had failed, I would have probably stuck with Mazuma (I think at the time they were offering £400).

Never had a problem with Mazuma, but I've had issues with others in the past, where they'd give you the quote, then after sending the phone, they replied with "oh actually it's REALLY worth £100 less than what we quoted.. oh and if you want to cancel, you'll have to pay XX to have it posted back" :mad:

Soldato
Gone from iPhone 6+ to oneplus 2 now debating iPhone 7 or 7+. Will the 7 be too small for me or would it be OK? If I have to be honest sometimes the oneus does feel a bit big.

Upgrade date is the 15th Dec so got till then to make my decision

Back
Top Bottom