Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
They look really good! Did you have flash on or no?

I must admit I'm amazed by the quality of the camera on the 7 plus having come from a 5. It's worlds better!

Thanks! Nope, no flash, just straight up.

I imagine it's a huuuge jump for you from the 5!

Can't wait to get out taking more pics. I love London at night.

I think the lack of headphone jack is ridiculous personally. Does anyone else find the head phones way too quiet too? That's on sky go。

I actually felt some of the podcasts I normally listen to were louder at the same volume level. Not had a chance to do lots of testing so might be completely wrong, though it sounds like sky might be normalising too low.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Started the new job on Monday.

"We'll get you a new phone sometime this week.. I've just got this iPhone 7"
"Wow, how much does that cost?"
"Nothing"
"......."
"What sort of usage?"
"Unlimited"
"Yeah but what about data?"
"Unlimited"
"Salary sacrifice?"
"No. Company pays for it"

:eek::D

Soldato
"Oh yes, did I mention? We also have a special company app!"

"Oh yeah? What does it do?"

"Ohhhhh not much, you don't even have to install it! It listens in on all your call, monitors you text message conversations, captures every URL you visit, keeps copies of all your SnapChats and What'sApp messages on the company server for review. It's nothing out of the ordinary, just the usual stuff Ms. May wants delivered to her in her daily snoop report"

"Ohh...errr...that sounds a bit over the top, no?"

"Nahhhh, don't be silly! It's for your protection. Keeping pedos and terrorists of the street and all that jazz....aaaanyway, if you could just put your thumbprint here so we can get access to your phone in case anything untoward should happen to you, that would be greeeaaat.

Okay then! All set up! Welcome Aboard! :D"

Soldato
Thanks! Nope, no flash, just straight up.

I imagine it's a huuuge jump for you from the 5!

Can't wait to get out taking more pics. I love London at night.

I actually felt some of the podcasts I normally listen to were louder at the same volume level. Not had a chance to do lots of testing so might be completely wrong, though it sounds like sky might be normalising too low.

Haha yeah it's miles better than my 16GB 5!!!

I've just realised it's only with that poncey little adaptor that it sounds so quiet!

Even my DJ'ing headphones which go dangerously loud are not great through that thing.

Soldato
Very interesting about the adapter lowering the volume level.

Well, I had my genius bar appt today.

Talked to them about my 6S first. Had them do an audio test as speakerphone was playing up. It picked up that the front mic for Siri was also bad.

So they need to replace the mic, which entails replacing the entire screen apparently, and also sort the battery issue.

They have no batteries in stock though!

It also has to be done as two separate orders. Apparently one job has to be done, I need to collect it and give it immediately back to them so they can do the next job :rolleyes:

I left it with them to do the mic job. And will await their call to let me know when a battery is in stock. Will then have to take a another trip to take receipt of the phone, then give it back and wait while they do the battery swap. How convoluted.

Then I asked them about the US iPhone 7 signal issues and initially they said each appt. was only for one phone, as they're 10 min slots and there was no more slots today.

Whaaaaat?!

I fluttered my eyelids at the lass assisting me and said please lots of times, but that didn't help. Luckily I didn't need to do any of that because she was super cool and changed her mind deciding to just help me out straight away regardless of my puppy dog eyes.

She could see the signal was chopping and changing as she worked on the 6S, so filed a report to get it swapped out. But they didn't have any 7's in stock either :(

So I await yet another call from them when that comes into stock. Hopefully I can get two birds stoned at once and get my new 7 and the 6S battery replaced in one trip next week.

The girl who helped me was super cool. Restored my faith in the Kingston branch a bit after they wouldn't replace my bent 6 for free last year.

Soldato
Arggh! I just went to plug my little battery juice pack into my phone on the train, but if I want to charge I can't listen :(

Guess I'm living on the edge, streaming music on a single digit battery percentage until I reach my destination.

Wish me luck!

Soldato
Lads, it's upgrade time.

I have an S6 at the moment but I'm missing iOS (mostly the apps)

I need a good reason to come back so what do you love about the new iPhone (mainly the Plus!)

Soldato
No it's not MFi.. I'm in the industry so I've got a fair steer on this sort of thing and I've yet to see a 3.5mm and lightning power in (in fact there's very little in the way of lightning IN accessories full stop, normally micro USB on things like Mophie cases etc) splitter that is so I suspect Apple aren't approving them.

The belkin one is lightning to 2 lightning which is silly but obviously on message for apple.

I haven't tried this one with calls but like I said I'm only planning to use it on long distance flights, I use it at work too so I know it works but I take calls in an office and have bluetooth in the car.

One of these and the apple one in the box has made the whole thing a non issue for me, I'd already gone bluetooth at home and always was in the car so an adapter in the laptop bag and one in the office.. sorted.

Soldato
Seems the iphone 7 has got a resounding 'meh/average' overall user base, appears apple really thinning the line between build quality and how much they cost to make.

Iv been half pondering going to a 6S Plus for the eco system from my LG G4, but I'm having such a hard time justifying it - the phones are essentially 'no different' in what they do, the G4 has always had an amazing camera and raw file support, I believe the 6S just got raw file support with the latest software.

It would need a big reason to move especially considering the cost for 1% improvement, maybe im just getting bored with mine but yeah cant think of a logical reason to change :(

Soldato
No it's not MFi.. I'm in the industry so I've got a fair steer on this sort of thing and I've yet to see a 3.5mm and lightning power in (in fact there's very little in the way of lightning IN accessories full stop, normally micro USB on things like Mophie cases etc) splitter that is so I suspect Apple aren't approving them.

The belkin one is lightning to 2 lightning which is silly but obviously on message for apple.

I haven't tried this one with calls but like I said I'm only planning to use it on long distance flights, I use it at work too so I know it works but I take calls in an office and have bluetooth in the car.

One of these and the apple one in the box has made the whole thing a non issue for me, I'd already gone bluetooth at home and always was in the car so an adapter in the laptop bag and one in the office.. sorted.

Yeah, I take a lot of calls at the computer and I like to use my earphones so that I can type at the same time to make appointments. If I'm plugged in then I'm SOL on that cheap adapter, it was the 1-2 month delivery estimate that turned me off too.

For £3 I might as well take a punt though.

I highly doubt I'll go back, just adjust. The signal issue is a ****ing joke though. The phone is still changing connection status every 30 seconds. I think it's having a big effect on the battery too. Not received a call from the store yet about a replacement. How have they not had a new 128GB iPhone 7 in that they can hook me up with?

Are they waiting for a refurbished one to give me?

However I love the new camera. Took some really lovely night shots this evening.
The new taptic vibration feedback is a nice tough too.

I'll have to improve my charging habbits so I'm less likely to need to plug in both cables at the same time.

Apple do have a serious problem on their hands though. They touted this phone as the reason to switch to the advanced new, brilliant wireless headphone technology. And they can't even get their wireless headphones to market nearly 2 months late or even in time for the holiday season.

Again, to compliment their laptops, their product cycle management is an absolute mess at the moment.

If I wasn't an enthusiast who has a large number if iOS apps I rely on and spend so much time daily on my phone to justify the upgrade I'd definitely consider switching.

It makes it harder when friends/family ask for recommendations. For my sake I still want to recommend iPhone just to make troubleshooting easier when they inevitably contact me. But I bet there's some top android phones out there for a fraction of the price for those who aren't compete technophobes and willing to learn a new platform.

Soldato
True, but aren't beats supposed to be a little overpriced for what they are?

Oh dear, am I even allowed to say that considering I just bought an overpriced iPhone 7 :p

I was ranting a little, but you're right I suppose. Theres lots of bluetooth headphones out there.

Had another annoying time without a headphone jack this week, went to the gym and neither me or my training partner could plug our phones into the sound system as we both have iPhone 7's :(

So I got my replacement today.

So far so good. Lots of 4G out and about and back to 2 bars of 4G at home. It's fluctuating a bit down to one occasionally, will have to give it a couple of days to see how it works when out and about and making calls.

There was a serious issue with the old one, cycling constantly between no signal, 2G and 3G. Could have simply been faulty.

The model on the back says A1660, so they've not given me a A1778 model.

However in the setting the model is NNAK2LL/A

I tried googling it and got zero results.

I get a special model that doesn't exist, yayyy :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom