Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Haha!

My only concern is how do you think they are going to go about it? As this is the first "upgrade" under the program in the UK, do you think they'll allocate a certain amount for those on the AUP as opposed to those buying it outright?

I'd like to think that we'd be rewarded for being on the program, but this is Apple we're talking about here.

I fear we'll be at the end of the queue

Man of Honour
Got an issue with my iPhone 7 plus. My mrs has the same phone and my mate has a normal 6S.

The external speakers on my phone are significantly quieter than their phones. Is this a known issue? Google-fu doesn't lead me to much after a quick search.

Associate
I think its an IOS 11 issue, turn up the soundbar under Sound in settings, thats what I had to do for my alarm as it was so quiet after the update

Soldato
I've bought my daughter an iPhone 7 plus for her birthday. It's currently locked to EE but I'm wondering if a plus net sim card will work OK with the phone? As I'm lead to believe they use EE network anyway?

Soldato
Is the 7+ still a good handset to have? Mainly use my handset for browsing, photos and the odd video content but would like it to take photos as the wife's useless at pictures so I'm the photo man in the house.....

Soldato
Is the 7+ still a good handset to have? Mainly use my handset for browsing, photos and the odd video content but would like it to take photos as the wife's useless at pictures so I'm the photo man in the house.....
I own a 7+, and have used all three of Apple's new phones, the 8, 8+ and X.

Personally the 7+ is still a great phone and I have no desire to upgrade, the new 8 and 8+ is only a minor step up. You should be able to get a 7+ on a reasonably good deal now.

Associate
I recently upgraded to a 7 then of course dropped it onto a marble fire place, therefore cracking the screen. LCD / touch screen still works perfectly fine.

Does anyone have a good tutorial to replace the screen? I've been quoted £140, so if i can do myself for a fraction of the price then happy to.

Soldato
Hi guys, just got an iPhone 7+ refurb, it has come unlocked. Just to check, if I put my sim card in will it lock to the network?
I am about to move over to a new sim only plan with 3 so I don't want it to lock to my current Vodafone.
Cheers

Commissario
As far as I understand, it's only Carphone Warehouse who do that (the locking to first network) and that may even have stopped now. If it came from Apple, you can be 100% sure that it won't lock to any network.

Soldato
As far as I understand, it's only Carphone Warehouse who do that (the locking to first network) and that may even have stopped now. If it came from Apple, you can be 100% sure that it won't lock to any network.
My new sim should be here tomorrow anyway so no real issue, I’ll just be patient!
Got it from Music Magpie. Cheers

Associate
Does anyone suffer from muffled sound on their iPhone 7 Plus? It's like talking to someone under water. An aunt picked up a refurbished unit but it seems it's a common problem. Anyone have this? Anyway to fix it? In some posts online it says it could be software related.

Associate
IPhone 7 and 7 plus units have a widespread problem with broken traces under the audio IC.

It may not be the case here but apple are dealing with the issue under extended warranty (just like the touch disease in the iPhone 6 and 6 plus).

Soldato
I noticed that Apple have added the iPhone 7 32GB to the refurb store. My mums iPhone 6 has seen better days and I was considering picking one up as a replacement. I have a friend who works for Apple so using their discount would bring the cost down closer to £300.00.

I’m just wondering realistically how long Apple will continue to support it and if would be a good investment in 2019?

Soldato
£300 is way overpriced I'd say, compared to what you can get on Android for that. The iPhone is pretty old now (though I'm still using mine daily).

Look at prices of some of the near immaculate phones in the GD.

Soldato
iPhone 7 is ‘3rd’ tier now so you are right to question how long they will support it.

New iPhone SEs are going for about £250 if you can find stock which is a tier lower so £300 is a bit steep for a refurb. On the flip side the 7 is a much better phone.

That said they still support the 5S but I wouldn’t expect them to continue to do so in the next release. Rumour has it the 6 will also lose support next time round.

Back
Top Bottom