Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
I've just recently got a 7 plus and I'm using a wallet case. Is there a way to make the phone lock when I close the case? On the S7 Edge, whenever I closed the case the screen would go off and the phone would be locked, presumably via the proximity sensor. Not a huge issue as the phone locks after a minute or so but would be nice if there was a setting.

Soldato
I've just recently got a 7 plus and I'm using a wallet case. Is there a way to make the phone lock when I close the case? On the S7 Edge, whenever I closed the case the screen would go off and the phone would be locked, presumably via the proximity sensor. Not a huge issue as the phone locks after a minute or so but would be nice if there was a setting.

The best you can do is Settings > General > Display & Brightness and reduce the Auto-Lock down to 30 seconds.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Would it be completely irrational to go and buy a 7Plus now with the new handsets in a month or so?
I changed to Android at Christmas and have got increasingly irritated with it and want to go back to IOS.
The rumours of the new iPhone 8 for me seems it will be way more than I want to spend and whilst it should look nice, is it really significantly functionally any better?
I want the Plus as I want the bigger screen and am sold on the dual camera module.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I buy the phone outright and just use a SIM only plan as a lot of my use is on wireless.
32Gb is more than adequate.
Still, might be sensible to wait then if there is likely to be a cheaper version - I thought there were only sketchy rumours of that.

Caporegime
God the more I see about the rumours of the 8 being so expensive it's making me think I should just save some money and upgrade to a 7 now from my 6S (end of contract) not only will it save me some money I wont be drawn into the buzz of the new handset next month and wont pay that early adopter tax carriers like to add to the phones.

I am really not all that fussed about any new features and just fancy a new phone.

Man of Honour
I currently buy outright (with 0% CC and pay off) but I tend to smash screens so I'm tempted to join the upgrade program for the Apple Care.

Associate
Probably what I'll do as well. But I like to look like I have some form of restraint.

Haha!

My only concern is how do you think they are going to go about it? As this is the first "upgrade" under the program in the UK, do you think they'll allocate a certain amount for those on the AUP as opposed to those buying it outright?

I'd like to think that we'd be rewarded for being on the program, but this is Apple we're talking about here.

Back
Top Bottom