The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Associate
Final Fantasy 16 - 8/10

Great story and stunning graphics and soundtrack. Combat could get a bit button mashy at times. Really enjoyed it, but as an FF game was a bit lacking on the rpg side of things.

Caporegime
Alien Isolation - 10/10

Still my favourite game ever made, I think. There's nothing else out there that makes me soil my undies like this title (so to speak).
Also just read the book which contained bits that weren't in the game but turns out they were sourced from a little digital miniseries that IGN did way back when. So I've just watched that, too.

Associate
Alan Wake Remastered - 8/10.

So atmospheric and the combat mechanics, while a bit clunky, added to the dark tension. Hard to believe it was a XBOX 360 title originally as it holds up well.

Followed up with Control and all the DLC - 10/10.

Most fun I've had in years playing my PS4. Combat felt really satisfying and the story, while totally bonkers, had enough depth to it to keep me interested all the way through. The link back to Alan Wake was great too and you could really see the vision of the Devs from the start. Actually platted this one as I enjoyed it so much!

/Salsa

Soldato
Rift Apart - 8.5/10

Just completed it in my effort to squeeze as much as possible out of my Extra sub before it runs out because I won't be renewing for obvious reasons:p

Enjoyed it more than I had thought I would. I have to rate it as an action adventure platformer and these aren't my absolute favs anymore but I think it might even deserve 9/10 for fans of the genre.

It doesn't overstay its welcome much, the gameplay is mechanically sound, the weapons are really fun, the locations look great and the presentation is impressive.

Even though it obviously hasn't made my jaw drop to the floor with its story or gameplay, I just have to appreciate the execution of it and the fact that it has to be one of the most visually and technically impressive games I've seen in recent years, felt like playing a Pixar movie.

All in all, a very fun casual romp with impressive visuals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Resident Evil 4 is on sale on the PS store £31 so I bit on that. Looking forward to it I love the original and @Amatsubu has been going on about it so much I have to play it :D

Put it on Hardcore and enjoy (hopefully):D

TBH, very hard to find any serious flaws with it besides one technical thing that most players will hardly notice and the story not being anything groundbreaking, which we all know since it's RE.

The rest, well, I've already said enough about what makes the gameplay mechanics and the entire package so good:p

Oh, another potential flaw might be that it's not really like the original. More serious, reimagined and more survival horror, which is great in my book but YMMV.

Hope you like it but if not, you got it on sale at least:D

Soldato
Alan Wake Remastered - 8/10.

So atmospheric and the combat mechanics, while a bit clunky, added to the dark tension. Hard to believe it was a XBOX 360 title originally as it holds up well.

Just finished the main game myself too in time for AW2, hadn't played it since it originally came out and had forgotten what an ambitious game it was for that time; the large environments and impressive dynamic lighting betray the fact that it was originally going to be a much more open-world, free-roaming game than what they eventually settled on.

Bit odd that they hide the DLC episodes in a separate menu in this version though, instead of leading you straight into them from the main game. Easily missed if you don't think to look for them.

Resident Evil 4 is on sale on the PS store £31 so I bit on that. Looking forward to it I love the original and @Amatsubu has been going on about it so much I have to play it
:D
Ooh that's a great price, tempted to grab it purely so I can play it through in VR.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got round to completing (and getting the platinum trophy for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart! I started it and breezed through the actual main story shortly after it first came out but didn't really ever touch it after that.

I think doing it that way really did a disservice to a really fun game. I skipped most of the puzzles, all of the side / optional quests and didn't bother with anything in the arena at all. Decided to jump back and play it and started a fresh game, got really into it and decided I'd go for the platinum trophy which I got a few days ago! 2 years, 2 months and 2 weeks since I got my first trophy in the game...

e0A8ztl.png

Playing through it again was great and I genuinely really enjoyed all parts of it. It looks stunning (I played at Performance RT mode) and story is just good fun. The combat flows really well once you've got the hang of it, swapping between weapons, dashing away, it all works so well.

It's only a tiny clip but getting the last trophy for the platinum even highlights that swapping (cold snap into headhunter into bolt pistol).

8/10 for me, having now played it again and got all of the trophies. The only 2 trophies that caused me some issues (and these aren't spoiler related) were killing 5 Grunthors and getting 10 'bounce back' kills with the Void Reactor, other than that it was a nice platinum to get.

Caporegime
Venba on Game Pass - 7/10

It's a bunch of easy achievements I played it for but the story was quite charming, about a family of Tamil Indians who move to Canada. Mostly it's about preparing/cooking Tamil food though which has made me want to seek out and try the dishes - I've only had the anglicized biryani.

Caporegime
Elden Ring - 2/5

Incredible graphics, artwork, bosses, choice of character creation and varied approach to boss fights all let down, for me, due to the lack of story.

Hated Demon Souls for the first 5 hours until everything clicked and then it went on to be one of my favourite games on the PS5. Expected to enjoy this even more, and did so for the first 20 hours, but I got really bored, really fast once the world opened up. The complete lack of story, quest log, markers to show where you've been and what you've done just made it extremely monotonous to play. Pretty much how I felt playing Shadow of the Colossus.

Finished it last night and all I felt was relief that it was over and I could finally uninstall it :(

Soldato
Demons Souls - 9/10

Really clicked with me after a few hours. I had the impression it might be a bit too simple after From's other games but I quickly started to appreciate this more barebones approach and more methodical gameplay.

Everything's there: great graphics, solid gameplay and good level design that makes you take it slow with exploration and offers just enough secrets, NPCs, quests and whatnot to keep you engaged while keeping levels short enough to not become a chore in NG+.
Loved Latria and Boletaria in particular.

World and character tendency was an interesting touch that incentivised me to revisit worlds and I really enjoyed the build and weapon variety as well, including how the upgrade system works.

The game puts more emphasis on enemy weaknesses than later games do for the most part and that keeps the combat more interesting throughout as it's optimal to use different weapons for different encounters.

The bosses are generally on the easier side but their presentation is really atmospheric and greatly complements the levels.

However, the best thing about it all is that it’s just a rather old game with a new coat of paint and virtually nothing has changed mechanically but it still holds up so well.

Soldato
OP
Aliens Dark Descent 8/10

Loved it, story was typical aliens more so from the books than the films which isn’t a bad thing.

Shame it has no new game plus etc. Be nice if it gets some DLC

Associate
Deliver us Mars - 9/10, really enjoyed this one and also enjoyed "Deliver us the moon" which Mars is a sequel of, love games where there are puzzles to solve to get to the next level etc, good gameplay just wanted it to be longer with gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom