The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
HITMAN – Hitman is back in some style, looking very good, with a mind-boggling array of options on how you complete each contract across a range of gorgeous locations. The scope for creativity this time is hugely impressive, a blessed return to Blood Money-style gameplay after the disappointments of Absolution. The level design is spectacular in areas like Sapienza, allowing you to visit beautiful locations in Paris, Italy, Morocco, Bangkok and Japan (and one plainer location in the US). There are still a few niggles with the AI seeing through walls and some other minor annoyances but overall the game is great fun and it looks superb. All of the free bonus missions that have been released plus the new time-windowed elusive targets are a very welcome bonus and they keep things fresh. Surely the best espionage and assassination sim I’ve played so far. Highly recommended. 8.9/10 (Would be 9/10 if it wasn’t for the rare but infuriating x-ray and punch glitches!).

Soldato
Witcher 2 8.9/10

Well i've been playing this for a long time..just got mired down halfway through chapter 2. Bit of a slog there. But i got back into it recently and chapter 3 was very good. Great story i have to say and excellent/satisfying ending. I wish other developers would sit down and watch/play cd projekt games. See how its done right!

coupla things they could have done

Would have been handy to have a mini flasback or flashforward of the consequences or possible consequence to the big decisions you make in the game e.g. kill dragon or dont kill dragon.

Same with Just prior or just after where you choose to either kill or not kill Letho i think there should have been a mini flashback of what Letho had done so in your head either decision is justified. Because it took me so long to get to the end of this game i was struggling to remember all his nefarious deeds....BUT i did remember i made a ****** promise to Foltstet. I was supposed to be protecting him and Letho needed a slapping down from his arrogant comments to me in previous chapters. He didnt stand a chance i was a tad overpowered i think (had Caerm and Vran armor)

He was working for that evil Niiflgaardian emperor (mastermind behind the entire thing) who is gonna get whats coming i tell ya....sets up Witcher 3 nicely.

Only thing that wasnt handled brilliantly was the relationship between Triss and Geralt. I still wasnt sure if she had worked for the Lodge and knew about the assassinations blah and had basically betrayed Geralt. Though i do know she did manipulate me for her own ends....apparently coz she loved Geralt but i dunno.. i did Roches path not Iorevth. Main reason for that i felt the acting for Roche was excellent and his voice sounded familiar but i couldnt quite remember where i heard his voice. Also felt it fit the storyline better. I might go back and do Iorveths path maybe.

Roll on Witcher 3

/goes to find good price for W3 GOTY :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Desert Strike - Mega Drive

Solid 9.5 (In context of it's age and other games of it's time)

Decent difficulty curve, good fun missions, awesome controls with some very welcome momentum to control.
Very accessible, easy to hop in for a quick blast or with enough progression that you can invest a couple of hours and work your way through it.

It's also surprisingly sandboxy. No 'no go areas' on the maps (although some are considered 'Danger Zones' until radar or power stations are taken out), and plenty of early attempts at side missions like going hunting for various MIA's dotted around the map, and useful items like extra lives or the quick winch to discover.

Loved it. A good portion of my Saturday well spent :cool:

Associate
^^^^^^^ yeah desert strike was a great game spent many hours playing that aswell incase you don't know theres a game on steam called thunder wolves very similar to desert strike

Associate
Watch Dogs 2 6.5/10

+ Possibly the most varied and interesting open world map outside of a GTA game
+ Excellent visuals (combination of fidelity and design)
+ Genuinely humorous in places, once you get past the youth culture centric presentation

- Stealth is fundamentally broken by not being able to hide bodies/unconscious NPCs
- Few opportunities to create diversions
- ... which means resorting to gunplay many times, which is not that strong
- Side missions are lacking much of the variety and some of the best types from the original game, e.g. Crime in Progress
- Vehicle handling is poor, and the hacking controls whilst driving are more cumbersome than the original

Overall it was worth playing through as the game did improve as it progressed, with many of the later levels being more suited to stealthy play. I can't help thinking that if the first game's mechanics were combined with this breath taking map - rather than the dull, lifeless Chicago portrayed in the original - it would have made for a winning game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Witcher 2 8.9/10

Well i've been playing this for a long time..just got mired down halfway through chapter 2. Bit of a slog there. But i got back into it recently and chapter 3 was very good. Great story i have to say and excellent/satisfying ending. I wish other developers would sit down and watch/play cd projekt games. See how its done right!

coupla things they could have done

Would have been handy to have a mini flasback or flashforward of the consequences or possible consequence to the big decisions you make in the game e.g. kill dragon or dont kill dragon.

Same with Just prior or just after where you choose to either kill or not kill Letho i think there should have been a mini flashback of what Letho had done so in your head either decision is justified. Because it took me so long to get to the end of this game i was struggling to remember all his nefarious deeds....BUT i did remember i made a ****** promise to Foltstet. I was supposed to be protecting him and Letho needed a slapping down from his arrogant comments to me in previous chapters. He didnt stand a chance i was a tad overpowered i think (had Caerm and Vran armor)

He was working for that evil Niiflgaardian emperor (mastermind behind the entire thing) who is gonna get whats coming i tell ya....sets up Witcher 3 nicely.

Only thing that wasnt handled brilliantly was the relationship between Triss and Geralt. I still wasnt sure if she had worked for the Lodge and knew about the assassinations blah and had basically betrayed Geralt. Though i do know she did manipulate me for her own ends....apparently coz she loved Geralt but i dunno.. i did Roches path not Iorevth. Main reason for that i felt the acting for Roche was excellent and his voice sounded familiar but i couldnt quite remember where i heard his voice. Also felt it fit the storyline better. I might go back and do Iorveths path maybe.

Roll on Witcher 3

/goes to find good price for W3 GOTY :D
Are you importing your save into TW3? Your game will be a bit different to mine by the sound of it. :)

Soldato
Yeah i will be. Do i need to keep Witcher 2 installed for that to work ok? Cheapest witcher 3 goty ive seen is £19.89 so far
I think it's saved in my games folder in my documents. I imported my game after reformatting and didn't have TW2 installed. Just back the last game save up.

I'd say TW3 is easily over £100 worth of gameplay so less than £20 is a bargain for all three parts.
Enjoy :)

Associate
The Division - 8/10

Really enjoyed this game. The missions were a bit repetitive but the hope to find better weapons always got me to play long into the night. Put in over 50 hrs with tons more to do yet. Great bang for the buck or euro or quid...

Soldato
Resident Evil 7 - 6/10

It would have been a 8-9/10 if it kept the same level of atmosphere and tension till the end. Started off as everything I hoped for in a horror game, but then about half way through it devolved into the usual generic action game. So for me there was like 4-5 hours of decent game, which is nowhere near enough. The latter part of the game didnt even have the challenge as I had enough ammo to just headshot every enemy with the upgraded shotgun.

jkb

jkb

Associate
Fallout 4. I took ages to play this, mainly because I couldn't be bothered with all of that base building so never played. Then when the hi res texture pack came out I decided to forget the base building and side quests and get back to playing the story. The choices, the options, the emotional ties as I betrayed people who had helped me along the way. Incredible. I can't give it 10/10 because of the bits I didn't enjoy but certainly 10/10 for the story and the choices I was presented with. Overall 9/10. By the end I enjoyed it as much as witcher 3.

Soldato
Just completed Untold Stories. Definitely a unique experience. Twisted, mess with head your stuff - mainly puzzles and text adventure of all things - always very intriguing. I got some genuine chills right down the spine and back up again and well never forget playing it. Only 4 hours for £6 but how to quantify some experiences in terms of money? 8/10 and recommended for any horror fan that likes something a bit different.

Associate
Not on PC (unfortunately) but The Last Of Us Remastered - 9.5/10

It's worth buying a PS4 just to play this, it's really that good. The included DLC "Left Behind" might be the best DLC I've seen in a game - I'd give that 10/10.

I'll be trying it on the highest difficulty next, where not only is there hardly any ammo but apparently no HUD, so I won't even be able to see how little ammo I have :eek:

Soldato
Not on PC (unfortunately) but The Last Of Us Remastered - 9.5/10

It's worth buying a PS4 just to play this, it's really that good. The included DLC "Left Behind" might be the best DLC I've seen in a game - I'd give that 10/10.

I'll be trying it on the highest difficulty next, where not only is there hardly any ammo but apparently no HUD, so I won't even be able to see how little ammo I have :eek:

Really awesome game - Highly recommended :D I played this on the PS3 all the way through, and I want to get it for the PS4 for a second play through :D

Back
Top Bottom