The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Dishonored 2 - Pretty much the same style as the first but prettier. Took me 13 hours so isn't particularity long. Played as Emily. Is it worth playing as Corvo?

Soldato
Fran Bow. What can I say about this game except wow. How someone dreamt up that story is beyond me. Has to be experienced to understand. Truly terrifying at times yet beautiful and sad all at the same time. And the soundtrack! So many genuine chills down the spine throughout. 10/10.

Soldato
I think it's saved in my games folder in my documents. I imported my game after reformatting and didn't have TW2 installed. Just back the last game save up.

I'd say TW3 is easily over £100 worth of gameplay so less than £20 is a bargain for all three parts.
Enjoy :)

I decided to get MGS5 instead (£9 at cd keys) already played 40 HOURS and only on mission 5 haha. Im a bit of a cheapskate so will wait until i can get Witcher 3 goty for less than £15 :D

Caporegime
Quake: Abyss of Pandemonium (Unofficial Mission Pack 3).

I can't remember if I've played/given my thoughts on this before, but anyway...

+ throws in a few new enemies and weapons
+ quite a nice variety of maps
+ is up to a similar overall standard to the original game & other official expansions
+ some good level design in there
+ a little different compared to the previous Quake games, but refreshingly so

- can't really fault it for all that much, though I guess I'm not a big fan of one of the new enemies in the game
- wish there were more levels :D

8.5/10.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. First time ever playing it right though. Great game, still holds up if you can overlook the graphics. Amazing lightsaber combat (even if I sucked a bit at it). Can't believe I got to finish the game is a bad guy - awesome! 9/10 Played natively at 3440x1440 too as shown below...

20170317193824_1_zps6t4yzxda.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Or not!? Don't I just insert the IMG URL from photo bucket to share an image? Didn't work.

Soldato
Amnesia The Dark Descent. Loved this game - great setting and Lovecraftian story - great puzzles without being too difficult and proper scary at times with a sinister atmosphere throughout. Ended up with the Revenge ending as I missed something and took a wrong turn going back for it that meant that path was sealed off which was a little disappointing although I was happy enough with the ending I got. 9/10

Soldato
Torment: Tides of Numenara. Well I completed as much as I could be bothered to. 6/10.

Acceptable 15 years ago maybe.

Real shame to hear this. From other forum members on this forum and other reviews it seems like I will be reading a book when I get around to playing this.

I kickstarted this because I loved Torment, the more I hear, the more I am thinking of not getting around to it immediately. Once I finish Original Sin I will probably start to work on Wasteland 2 instead.

Soldato
Real shame to hear this. From other forum members on this forum and other reviews it seems like I will be reading a book when I get around to playing this.

I kickstarted this because I loved Torment, the more I hear, the more I am thinking of not getting around to it immediately. Once I finish Original Sin I will probably start to work on Wasteland 2 instead.

Wasteland 2 (Director's Cut) is absolutely excellent. I did a post of it on here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/28786715/

The difference between that and my post on Torment speaks volumes!

btw, I am currently replaying Original Sin

Soldato
Not on PC (unfortunately) but The Last Of Us Remastered - 9.5/10

It's worth buying a PS4 just to play this, it's really that good. The included DLC "Left Behind" might be the best DLC I've seen in a game - I'd give that 10/10.

I'll be trying it on the highest difficulty next, where not only is there hardly any ammo but apparently no HUD, so I won't even be able to see how little ammo I have :eek:

I'm playing this too at the moment and wholeheartedly agree that it's well worth playing. Great atmosphere, storytelling and character development. The only thing making me rage a bit is having to aim with a controller. I got some Kontrol Freaks which helps a bit but I wish Sony would allow you to use the bloody gyro in the DS4 for aiming!

Soldato
Battlefield Hardline. Looks great and enjoyed the story and episodic format. Wasn't that fussed on the gameplay in general - I'm not a huge fan of stealth although I did enjoy trying to escape from the cops after the jail bus bomb. 8/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 7/10.

I just got this for £3.99 with all DLC on Bundle Stars and I really enjoyed playing through the main missions, the typical collect this, kill this many of that side missions are awfully tedious though.

The nemesis system is pretty cool, but could really use fleshing out more

Overall it's a good game but the final boss battle is far too anti climactic and a bad call by the developers. If you can get it cheap it's worth the money.

Associate
Dishonored 2, a couple of really good levels, but not as good overall as the 1st one 7/10!!
Shadow warrior 2, a fun shoot hack and slash fest with tons of weapons, loot, upgrades, crafting amusing for a while 7/10!!
Doom, other than the arena style maps, very good engine and excellent performance/game play 8/10!!

Soldato
Hitman, finished the last episode yesterday. Granted, I've only spent around 12 hours in the game in total and each ep taking about an hour if you really take your time. But now I've done the story, the real game opens up. And my god, what a Hitman!

I'm loving it's world design, the layout, AI, everything just feels real and lived in! Animations, interactions, dialogue, all perfect. ONE ISSUE that slaps me in the face, is that everyone, be it in Paris, Istanbul, Italy etc, has an American accent, really does take away immersion a bit. I hope they fix this in S02.

100% pre ordering season 2 and all eps.

9/10

Soldato
Hitman is epic, the levels are simply amazing and the amount of stuff you can do is mind-boggling. Insane replayability and value for money. I must've spent around 12h on the Paris level alone;p

I'd also rate it 9/10. I agree about the accents, it was immediately noticeable and a bit of an immersion-breaker:/

Soldato
Hitman is epic, the levels are simply amazing and the amount of stuff you can do is mind-boggling. Insane replayability and value for money. I must've spent around 12h on the Paris level alone;p

I'd also rate it 9/10. I agree about the accents, it was immediately noticeable and a bit of an immersion-breaker:/

Specially in Italy, walking through the town and everyone, even the flower delivery guys are American??? If they had thrown in genuine Italian voices, hell, even with subs and speaking Italian. It would have been a solid 10/10.

And agree about the replayability. I'm going to do the Santa challenge tonight for the Paris level. I've already replayed Paris to do the sniper challenge. So much fun.

Associate
Just finished two at pretty much the same time so I'll pop them all up here.

Arkham Knight
4/10
Play if you like: Batman/DC lore, Previous Arkham games

Really frustrating and repetitive drone battling mixed with extremely poor optimisation make this such an unfortunate failure; despite so many elements being top class. Combat is still world class, and the game remains rather faithful to its source material, it just gets unplayable towards the end and this led to my save being corrupted.

Dead Space 1
8.5/10
Play if you like: Metro Games, Stalker games; any atmospheric or survival Horror.

Despite its age, this game looks rather decent in 4K and the gameplay is chilling. Extremely atmospheric and quite effectively makes the player feel hopelessly outgunned on higher difficulties. Would be 10 out of 10 had it been a little longer and a little less predictable at times, as well as a slightly clunky mouse and keyboard optimisation which causes the need to disable V sync. Free via Origin Access so definitely worth this rating.

Back
Top Bottom