The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
If you're not bothered about a story and just want some fun and intense FPS gaming then the new Doom is the obvious one but you should also check out Hard Reset and Alien Rage. If you want something with a decent storyline to accompany your shooting then Singularity and Spec Ops: The Line are really good.

Caporegime
Been playing through the Bioshocks again. I never actually got around to playing Burial at Sea 2 so thought I'd do the lot. Amazing games, amazing locations, amazing storyline. Up there with the very best.

Never been too fussed on number 2 though. The whole thing is a bit of a mess to me. I prefer how the others link together.

Soldato
Been playing through the Bioshocks again. I never actually got around to playing Burial at Sea 2 so thought I'd do the lot. Amazing games, amazing locations, amazing storyline. Up there with the very best.

Never been too fussed on number 2 though. The whole thing is a bit of a mess to me. I prefer how the others link together.
Played through them all again myself this year and just finished the Burial at Sea DLC last week. I'm having a total love affair with Bioshock Infinite, I think it's my all time favourite game - I actually ordered the POP vinyl figure of Elizabeth and put it inside my PC case on top of the PSU housing!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
If you're not bothered about a story and just want some fun and intense FPS gaming then the new Doom is the obvious one but you should also check out Hard Reset and Alien Rage. If you want something with a decent storyline to accompany your shooting then Singularity and Spec Ops: The Line are really good.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look. :)

Soldato
Layers of Fear. This game is pure genius. It is so cleverly done - you can be standing facing one direction, turn 90 degrees and the whole landscape completely changes from what it was before! It totally messes with your head. When I first starting playing it I felt quite comfortable and safe, there were no enemies trying to kill me that I need to hide or run from after all, but this is horror on a completely different level - chill after chill went up and down my spine as played through it. What an experience. Never played anything like it before. The perfect horror game. 10/10

Associate
I think it's aged brilliantly. I do play a lot of older games so dated graphics don't bother me in the slightest - perhaps I should state that as some context. However, I still found the 2 main female vampire characters in the game to be smoking hot so surely that says something for the graphics! :D It's thought by many, that the only reason the game isn't better known and regarded as one of greatest RPG games of all time, is that it was quite broken when it was released and the studio went bust shortly after the patch they released which still didn't fix some of the bugs. However the game now has a perfect unofficial patch and what's known as the plus patch which even adds new maps and quests. Best to purchase the GOG version of the game which comes bundled with the unofficial patch. You definitely won't regret getting this game - it's a truly immersive and unique experience.

That is one game I heard so much about but didn't get round to playing it. I'm definitely going to check it out!

Caporegime
I've just completed ftl for the first time after 39 hours playing :eek: Only on easy as well. I managed it with the kestrel. I ended the game with 8 crew so 6 were manning things and 2 for teleporting and causing trouble that way. I got lucky with weapon pickups and ended up with 2 burst laser mark IIs and 2 heavy lasers. The burst lasers take a couple of seconds later to wind up than the heavy lasers, but it meant that I could charge them all fairly close together and then hit the enemy with 8 shots at once so even with 3 layers of shields and decent evasion I got a lot of hits in. I binned off my missile weapons because once you hit enemies with defence drones they're hard to use well - you need teleporting bombs at that point. I also got fed up of getting stuffed with no missiles when I was depending on them.

I want to do it with the torus now; furthest I've got with that so far is sector 7. I unlocked the stealth ship as well, but that's ridiculous with no shields.

Associate
Layers of Fear. This game is pure genius. It is so cleverly done - you can be standing facing one direction, turn 90 degrees and the whole landscape completely changes from what it was before! It totally messes with your head. When I first starting playing it I felt quite comfortable and safe, there were no enemies trying to kill me that I need to hide or run from after all, but this is horror on a completely different level - chill after chill went up and down my spine as played through it. What an experience. Never played anything like it before. The perfect horror game. 10/10

Give The Park a play through, it has one area that when you've gone through to the end & opened a door, you're back at the start, but things changed a little.
You go through the door a few times & things keep changing until the final time where it's nightmarish :D

Great game too, although only short.

Caporegime
Played through them all again myself this year and just finished the Burial at Sea DLC last week. I'm having a total love affair with Bioshock Infinite, I think it's my all time favourite game - I actually ordered the POP vinyl figure of Elizabeth and put it inside my PC case on top of the PSU housing!

Yeah it's brilliant. I can't believe some people actually claim the story line is rubbish. I was absolutely hooked from start to finish.

Associate
Far cry 4 was the last one I fully completed.
I'd say it was around a 7/10.
For me the story line seemed to lack a little but I'd say it was better than primal

Soldato
That is one game I heard so much about but didn't get round to playing it. I'm definitely going to check it out!
Has to be done! Contemplating my second play through myself - going to try and hold off a bit little bit longer...

Give The Park a play through, it has one area that when you've gone through to the end & opened a door, you're back at the start, but things changed a little.
You go through the door a few times & things keep changing until the final time where it's nightmarish :D

Great game too, although only short.
I've never heard of that one so thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to check it out.

Edit: Just watched the trailer! Looks right up my street and combines 2 of things I love most; amusement parks and horror! Wishlisted...

Yeah it's brilliant. I can't believe some people actually claim the story line is rubbish. I was absolutely hooked from start to finish.
Claiming the story line is rubbish can only mean they didn't understand it. To be fair, it can be difficult to follow the first time around - I had to watch some explanation videos myself to fully grasp it but oh boy once you realise the full picture it is truly mind blowing. Do you know of any other games with this level of writing? The only one I can think of that came kind of close was Quantum Break. Although Firewatch has a brilliantly hidden story that requires a bit of thought and reflection to fully appreciate - it's another one that really impresses once you grasp it though - definitely worth checking out if you haven't already...

Associate
Has to be done! Contemplating my second play through myself - going to try and hold off a bit little bit longer...

I've never heard of that one so thanks for the recommendation - I'll be sure to check it out.

Edit: Just watched the trailer! Looks right up my street and combines 2 of things I love most; amusement parks and horror! Wishlisted...

Claiming the story line is rubbish can only mean they didn't understand it. To be fair, it can be difficult to follow the first time around - I had to watch some explanation videos myself to fully grasp it but oh boy once you realise the full picture it is truly mind blowing. Do you know of any other games with this level of writing? The only one I can think of that came kind of close was Quantum Break. Although Firewatch has a brilliantly hidden story that requires a bit of thought and reflection to fully appreciate - it's another one that really impresses once you grasp it though - definitely worth checking out if you haven't already...

Just one heads up about The Park. It's not got combat, it's more along the lines of Dear Esther. A walking sim', but spooky fun.
If you've ever played Secret World, apparently it takes part in that game world. I haven't, but the game still made sense as it's a stand alone story :D

Caporegime

Yeah to be fair I had to read a synopsis after the second DLC.

As for similar sort of games with mind boggling story lines, the only one I can think of is Horizon Zero Dawn, but it's for PS4 only. That was amazing too.

Soldato
Just one heads up about The Park. It's not got combat, it's more along the lines of Dear Esther. A walking sim', but spooky fun.
If you've ever played Secret World, apparently it takes part in that game world. I haven't, but the game still made sense as it's a stand alone story :D
No combat isn't an issue - Layers of Fear was the same, I actually enjoyed the fact there was no combat - made for a nice break from the norm.

Back
Top Bottom