The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Far : Lone Sails

https://store.steampowered.com/app/609320/FAR_Lone_Sails/

Rating 8/10

Wonderfully atmospheric and a really nice art style. It was one of those games that i just wanted to keep playing but unfortunately it is a very short experience. I completed it in around 2.5-3 hours but wanted more. It is currently £11.39 which i think is a bit too much considering how short the game is, but saying that i really really enjoyed it. Very chilled, works well with a controller and a little more to it than you think.

Associate
COD: Black Ops 3 - 4/10

Probably the worst COD single player I've played. I miss not being able to pickup weapons. The main character sounded awful - like crap movie awful. Story was trying to be clever but ended up being a bit of a clusterfudge. Shooting mechanics didn't feel as tight as the other COD's I've played. Gets a few points for one cool level where there's a lot happening. Modern Warfare pees all over it.

Soldato
Just completed Ruiner and I'm gutted that's over. Cracking cyber-punk style game that combines a light bit of RPG, dual stick shooting and melee combat with a top down old school type of feel. The difficulty level was perfect for me - challenging without being frustrating with just over 100 deaths for me over the 10 hours. Really slick game - more like this please! 9/10

Soldato
Far Cry 5

Far cry 5 was great at the start but as time went on I noticed how empty the game is.
The bad guys are great for a while, but don't have the same charm as the previous games, and getting attacked in some way 3 times a region became annoying.
The good guys are pointless, thought pastor Jerome would have been great, couldn't care less about him.
That said there wasn't anything wrong it just doesn't feel like a sequel to the past far cry games

7.5/10

Spoilers coming up

My biggest problem with the story was you'd get pulled back and "captured" around 3 times for each boss/Seed which totally breaks immersion of a open world RPG like game, you have no say in it and when you just want to fish it's annoying. The ending is terrible, you've fought to beat the Seed's but now it's all for nothing, which makes playing side missions after worthless because according to the story they should all be dead after that nuke hits.

Soldato
Just completed Ruiner and I'm gutted that's over. Cracking cyber-punk style game that combines a light bit of RPG, dual stick shooting and melee combat with a top down old school type of feel. The difficulty level was perfect for me - challenging without being frustrating with just over 100 deaths for me over the 10 hours. Really slick game - more like this please! 9/10

You've recommended me on one game before, and didn't let me down - I got Ruiner in the Humble Bundle last month, I will give it a go on your recommendation :D Thanks!

Associate
Far Cry 5

Far cry 5 was great at the start but as time went on I noticed how empty the game is.
The bad guys are great for a while, but don't have the same charm as the previous games, and getting attacked in some way 3 times a region became annoying.
The good guys are pointless, thought pastor Jerome would have been great, couldn't care less about him.
That said there wasn't anything wrong it just doesn't feel like a sequel to the past far cry games

7.5/10

Spoilers coming up

My biggest problem with the story was you'd get pulled back and "captured" around 3 times for each boss/Seed which totally breaks immersion of a open world RPG like game, you have no say in it and when you just want to fish it's annoying. The ending is terrible, you've fought to beat the Seed's but now it's all for nothing, which makes playing side missions after worthless because according to the story they should all be dead after that nuke hits.

This is exactly my issue with the game. An open world game should let you do what you want when you want, tackling missions as you see fit. Even worse are the forced capture sections. During my playthrough I was even shot with a sleep/bliss arrow at altitude in helicopter and kidnapped.

Soldato
Virginia

So I basically don't really have a clue what even happened in the plot, I'm sure I could research it online if I cared enough.

Soldato
Virginia

So I basically don't really have a clue what even happened in the plot, I'm sure I could research it online if I cared enough.
Same here. I had no clue what was going during the game, nor was I any the wiser once I completed it. I didn't care enough to do the research to find out either. Too 'arty farty' for me to appreciate I guess.

Soldato
Spacehulk Deathwing Enhanced Edition - genuinely surprised by this. Looks fantastic, great customisation, great team play and nothing beats speccing your terminator with a power sword and bolter. Failing that a massive assault cannon.

Crap story, not enough in map commentary or story driven excitement and samey enemies. It just needed a bit more drama and an injection of Hollywood.

7.5/10

Soldato
Dying Light: Enhanced Edition

Really enjoyed this and a lot more atmospheric than I expected. Excellent attention to detail and there are little stories everywhere in the game just in the environment. Mostly excellent and engaging side quests even if main story isn't particularly inspired with finale little on the disappointing side.

Excellent to see a developer supporting a game after so many years too, so going to sink my teeth into Following after I'm done with other games.

8.5/10

Soldato
Injustice 2 campaign. Like the first one, the story campaign is essentially a super hero movie with fights littered through it and again the movie was really entertaining and looked fantastic. Harley Quinn was absolutely the star of the show for me, her character is just so endearing and she has some of the best combat moves for me too. I was really disappointed that it was over but found 2 pleasant surprises in that firstly, there is an alternate ending to be unlocked if you go back and watch the movies scenes you missed; these are where you were given a choice of 2 characters to take on the immediate fight so you need to be back and pick the opposite character. Secondly, there are essentially missions with challenges for single player that provides items for levelling up via the 'Big Brother' multiverse computer thing - this will definitely add to longevity of the game if multiplayer isn't your thing, which for me isn't. A brilliantly done game (only £10.99 on CDkeys just now by the way) - 9/10.

The games portrayal of Harley's character was so amusing that it did make me wish that she had her own game, I'd certainly love to spend 10 hours or so with the character they created in Injustice 2 but I guess super hero games haven't historically been that great have they? I thought the Deadpool game was good fun although it wasn't that well received. Aside from the Batman games and the odd Spiderman game - isn't there scope to make a really good super hero game? Particularly in the current climate with the popularity of super hero movies...

Soldato
Just completed Desu Ex Human Revolution again. Game don't like me though :( ... was doing a second try on the Pacifist run, but it refused to give it to me. What I know I never killed anyone, so somehow someone that I knocked out and had to move must have died, even if I was careful not moving bodies unless I had to. Also missed out on finding all the XP books once again, so that bumped me out a bit as well. Ahh well, guess I might play it again sometime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom