The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Battlefield 4 (campaign) 8.5 out of 10... defintiely worth my time.

last week i completed BF3 campaing and was a real chore, this was totally different for me. Really enjoyed it and did not want it to end. Only negatives really are it is short, and that the AI do practically no damage and leave you to do everything.
but equally they dont go down all the time either.

Soldato
Far Cry New Dawn - 7.5/10

Got an 7.5/10 as it was part of the Uplay pass, if paid full price likely be worth less. Going into the game with expectations will also be ideal. Combat is fun as expected, can be a blast. The overall story is meh, some tie back to Fary Cry 5 is neat however. Some repetitiveness etc.

+ Combat is great (primary attraction)
+ Game looks great, more so with HDR
+ Some tie back to Far Cry 5
+ World is condensed and more densely populated vs FC5

- Story is meh
- Repetitive nature if doing outpost over and over to get better gear at times.

Soldato
Rise of the Tomb Raider. 9/10, my first time playing a Tomb Raider game in full. Even in the PS1 days I only dabbled really.

Played on a decent 55" TV and some of the panoramic scenes were just epic. The climbing and exploring are relatively linear but the camera automation makes it come alive, leading the eye towards the next vista or dramatically shifting your attention.

The plot was also pretty engaging as computer games go, with some depth to it. Basic gameplay elements like stealth, combat, crafting and skill trees were all pretty much what you'd expect from a triple-A title, it's the graphics and camera work that bumped it from an 8 to a 9.

Not sure if I will play another TR game immediately as I found the game just slightly not challenging enough, but with enough broader content to make up for it. I think I want either much trickier exploration or much more story next time.

Soldato
Rise of the Tomb Raider. 9/10, my first time playing a Tomb Raider game in full. Even in the PS1 days I only dabbled really.

Played on a decent 55" TV and some of the panoramic scenes were just epic. The climbing and exploring are relatively linear but the camera automation makes it come alive, leading the eye towards the next vista or dramatically shifting your attention.

The plot was also pretty engaging as computer games go, with some depth to it. Basic gameplay elements like stealth, combat, crafting and skill trees were all pretty much what you'd expect from a triple-A title, it's the graphics and camera work that bumped it from an 8 to a 9.

Not sure if I will play another TR game immediately as I found the game just slightly not challenging enough, but with enough broader content to make up for it. I think I want either much trickier exploration or much more story next time.

What difficulty did you play on?

I used controller on highest difficulty and found it hard. Had to switch to M+KB.

Associate
Sekiro. 9/10.
Some bosses are easier than most of the regular enemies around the stages.
The "Onimusha" kind of feel helped, but still like more the Dark Souls and Demon Souls.
I would have appreciated more if the game were more consistent about the enemies, I mean, some of the strongest ones can be the dumbest ones.

Soldato
What difficulty did you play on?

I used controller on highest difficulty and found it hard. Had to switch to M+KB.
I ended up playing on regular difficulty. I found the combat pretty good for me with controller. I considered going to mouse/KB for aiming but wanted to play on sofa. I mostly just found the climbing and puzzles a bit too obvious really.

Soldato
I ended up playing on regular difficulty. I found the combat pretty good for me with controller. I considered going to mouse/KB for aiming but wanted to play on sofa. I mostly just found the climbing and puzzles a bit too obvious really.

probably why you didnt find it too challenging if you mean from a combat perspective.

the climbing/puzzles.. yeah. still 10x better than uncharted at leastr.

Soldato
VTM: Bloodlines with the Final Nights mod.

A flawed masterpiece that I return to once in awhile, the work the community has put into the game over the years is nothing short of staggering. The Final Nights mod is a new experience to me, but one I'd recommend to anyone that's a fan of the game. You get to play with some new clans, you get new quests, and a bunch of other stuff. Some of the voice work in the mod is a bit iffy, but it's clearly been a labor of love and it's easily overlooked.

I can only hope that Bloodlines 2 lives up to the name, but I highly doubt that'll be the case.

Associate
Firewatch.

Finally got round to playing it. Only found out about the game last year and loved the look of the art style so didn't read up on the story line just in case I spoiled anything for myself. In all honesty thought the story was going to be better and longer but hey ho. I got it on sale and I enjoyed my time with it. Was a nice change of pace from my normal FPS, Looter shooters and MMO's.

Next on the list is The Witcher 3.

Associate
Gears 5 - 8.5/10

I absolutely loved the gunplay in this one as they just felt like they had a little more impact than they did in Gears 4, there are couple of new weapons that are fun to mess around with but I always found myself coming back to the Lancer and whatever heavy weapon I had most recently found. The movement and animations in general feel much improved too like when you roadie run it seems a bit more like how a human moves. The music was great for the most part as well as the sound fx apart from a couple of instances of delayed audio after a firefight that temporarily ruined the immersion. I found the upgrade system fun for your little robot helper Jack and it gives you a bit more freedom with how you want to play the game but I can imagine fully upgrading everything will be a chore and you'll need a guide to get every last one. The 'open world' segments are pretty good and I didn't find myself getting bored because there is always something to or find. I won't touch on the story apart from saying that I feel content with the ending and I thought for the most part it was written and voice acted well and I look forwarding to playing some Horde in the near future. I didn't experience any bugs although I have heard co-op has been a bit rocky for the first few days of 'Ultimate' access.

Soldato
Just completed Shadow Warrior 2 and I'd give it a solid 7/10

The gameplay is so much fun, up there with the likes of Doom. If you are any good at shooters at all then start off on the second to last hard mode, rather than normal. Normal is a walk in the park and makes the upgrades and leveling perks useless as even if you don't upgrade at all you are totally OP.

The gem upgrades are a little bit lacklustre to begin with as Total Biscuit pointed out in his review he did ages ago. As the game goes on the gems do get better, to around 20-30%, which then makes them well worth having and actually makes a difference against the enemies.

The large amount of weapons and their cool designs are great and this kept me interested even when i got a bit bored of the combat towards the middle of the game. Although I did find I always reverted back to using the triad pistol and one trick pony grenade launcher.

It's put me in the mood for the new Doom game.

Soldato
Southpark: Stick of Truth - 9/10

Absolute blast to play through. Never really been interested in it, despite high ratings, but played as part of Uplay+ trial and been too funny. The story is done very well, acting and casting is great, the lines thrown at had me laughing, the gameplay in itself works really well. Surprisingly deeper then at first glance. Overall an amazing game. Show is okay, never watched it too much, but this game is fantastic.

+ Story is great
+ Art Style works really well
+ Plays very smooth
+ Customisation deeper then you may initially think

- Combat is pretty fun at start but does get tedious towards end

Soldato
Borderlands 2 - 8/10

First half of the game was amazing, 2nd half was predictable and a bit boring.
Best loot game I've ever played after WoW
Characters were memorable and fun
Soundtrack isn't memorable
Graphics were ok, I'd put off buying this for so long because of the cartoon style but with some graphics sharpening it looks better.

Soldato
Borderlands 2 - 8/10

First half of the game was amazing, 2nd half was predictable and a bit boring.
Best loot game I've ever played after WoW
Characters were memorable and fun
Soundtrack isn't memorable
Graphics were ok, I'd put off buying this for so long because of the cartoon style but with some graphics sharpening it looks better.

did you play BL1 before it? I want to play BL2 but not sure if i should play 1 first.

Soldato
Far Cry New Dawn - I've obviously burnt myself out on the standard Ubisoft approach to game design, because I couldn't stomach playing for more than 2 hours. The formulaic method that they seem to adhere to with the vast majority of their open world games, just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

4/10

Soldato
did you play BL1 before it? I want to play BL2 but not sure if i should play 1 first.
You don't need to play the first one and can just jump straight into the second as its a new story and main characters. The first is still a decent game though and worth playing if you have the time to play both. If you had to pick one then i'd go with the second as it have more varied locations and has more content overall.

Back
Top Bottom