The last game you completed, and rating.

I had the same views about Syndicate after finishing Unity. Syndicate was far more refined. Unity also had a lot of issues on launch if I recall correctly and I dont think they fixed or refined it any further. I think you'd enjoy Origins as its a welcome change from the old combat system and general gameplay.

I am about 4 hours into Origins now... Couple of observations:

1. Taking me a bit to get used to the new combat system. Remembering to use the shield for starters @cry: and not having the "counter then kill" style of the previous games. Its not bad, its will just take some getting used to after I have been only playing AC for the past few months (working my way through the franchise from AC1 and trying to 100% as much as possible)

2. Not having a the traditional style Progress Tracker. I used this to help me 100% the other games (collectibles etc). Again, not a huge issue as it will actually probably help with the 100% complete OCD nonsense I have :cry:

I am enjoying it though. It feels more Open World and RPG style than the prior games. Just taking each "town/city" at a time and trying to make sure I find all the "?" areas and doing them.

I am about 4 hours into Origins now... Couple of observations:

1. Taking me a bit to get used to the new combat system. Remembering to use the shield for starters @cry: and not having the "counter then kill" style of the previous games. Its not bad, its will just take some getting used to after I have been only playing AC for the past few months (working my way through the franchise from AC1 and trying to 100% as much as possible)

2. Not having a the traditional style Progress Tracker. I used this to help me 100% the other games (collectibles etc). Again, not a huge issue as it will actually probably help with the 100% complete OCD nonsense I have :cry:

I am enjoying it though. It feels more Open World and RPG style than the prior games. Just taking each "town/city" at a time and trying to make sure I find all the "?" areas and doing them.
Yeah get your practice with shield and counters in. I think some of the old games had a one shot kill or heavy damage after counter. From Origins onward they moved away from that so it makes it harder when you are in a 1 v 5 sort of situation. Odyssey is similar combat system to origins. I havent played beyond Odyssey though but I expect Valhalla to be similar.
And again like you took me a bit to transition to the new combat/gameplay but you pick it up quickly. I actually went back to Unity and Syndicate after finishing Odyssey.

Call of Duty Black Ops: 8/10

Weirdly I never played any of the Black Ops games before this. It was quite enjoyable overall. It's obviously a bit dated but the moment to moment action was incredible for the most part and the story was serviceable.

On to Black Ops 2!

The Outer Worlds : 7/10

Now this is my fault. I didn't pay any attention to the dialogue, I kind of sped through the game not really taking note of any of it... But I actually enjoyed it.

So im playing through it again and actually reading wtf is going on and taking more time over it.

Ok so ive played through this twice now.

Once kind of speed running, and 2nd time actually reading whats going on.

I really like it, i like the different skills you can apply and the way in which you can do things. For a game i knew nothing about and for me to complete it twice, its quite an acheivement.

8.5/10

It makes me look forward to the new one coming out.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 9/10

Really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Tina's part was very well done and hardly annoying at all. Graphics were beautiful, I loved the Overworld bit, that was really fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Borderlands 4.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 9/10

Really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Tina's part was very well done and hardly annoying at all. Graphics were beautiful, I loved the Overworld bit, that was really fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Borderlands 4.
I'm sold...

Was put off by the reviews but it's cheap enough now and I love a bit of BLs

Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader - 8.5/10 baesd on it being the only game in a while that got me hooked. A couple of bugs on my first playthrough but nothing game breaking and a lot of text to read rather than voiced dialogue. Now I'm more famililiar with everything, im playing through as a different class and amending some dialogue choices!

Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader - 8.5/10 baesd on it being the only game in a while that got me hooked. A couple of bugs on my first playthrough but nothing game breaking and a lot of text to read rather than voiced dialogue. Now I'm more famililiar with everything, im playing through as a different class and amending some dialogue choices!
I started this a few months back then stopped after some big patches that tested my character. Decided to start again once it's complete with all the dlc. Started pathfinder 2 in the meantime which has been great so far.

Max Payne 3. 7/10

Had it yeard ago on xbox 360 but stuggled with controller. It's not as good as 1/2 but still enjoyed untill the last hour or so. Enemys bullet sponges and just seems to be a memory game of where the next ones are coming from.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10

I'd all but forgotten about this one. A beautiful looking game with great writing and characters that is let down by some pretty uninspired combat.

Last edited:
Jedi Survivor story, did it on GM difficulty. Was great following on from fallen orders just a few challenges left in Fractured burden and Oggdo Bogdo and his spawn. These fights are prob the true end game bosses.

Starcom Unknown Space 7.5/10. Really good little FTL type space game where you zip round the universe uncovering mysteries and earning research points. And with your points you unlock ship modules where you build your own ship which works really well.

Just about to finish Judgment, but the last game I finished was Flintlock: Siege of Dawn.

Another of those games that is fundamentally okay, nothing more and nothing less. Fairly fast-paced combat that is mostly quite fluid and responsive, moderately challenging at times I guess, and quite often a bit repetitive. Nothing outright annoyed me about it other than one boss with a one-hit kill attack that I had trouble dodging in quite a long fight, and increasing use of not challenging but overly spongy enemies near the end. It kept me going to the end, but it's not going to stick in my mind for very long. A fine and middling 6/10 on a good day.

Beyond: Two Souls storytelling was all over the place. It was enjoyable for the most part but I did not find it particularly engaging as a thriller. I was more shocked when I discovered the lead actress became a bloke in real life - now that's a plot twist. I would rate the game a 6/10.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

Felt quite good going back to this after such a long time.
Some attention to detail demonstrates that although it has its flaws,
there are some points that redeem it to a certain extent.

Sadly, the guns sound, well, very poor to be totally honest.
I think the only one that stands out for the better is the sniper rifle.

For me, the ambient/music audio is probably the strongest element to the game.

Last edited:
Star Trek Resurgence, picked it up cheap. Is it the best graphically looking story game I've played, no way and it's not without it's quirks and glitches but the story felt like a proper Star Trek adventure without all the modern stuff Discovery pushes.

However who ever on the dev team thought adding stealth missions to this needs their head checked. Horrible levels that really stop the flow of the rest of the game.

6 / 10.

Back
Top Bottom