The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
To the Moon.

6/10

Great story, that kept me intrigued to the end. I can't wait to see what he could do if he had a bigger budget, as I think this game would have been improved a lot with a better engine and gfx. The story and amazing soundtrack deserved better, but it's still a great experience and well worth a playthrough.

Man of Honour
OP
Far Cry 3 - 8/10

Pros:
+ Graphics & environment
+ Voice acting
+ Music
+ Selection and feel of guns
+ Mature, strong story
+ A nice mix of stealth and rambo type sections!

Cons:
+ A little repetitive at times
+ Once you get an upgraded sniper rifle you become a little too powerful
+ They could have included a few more choices throughout the story
+ Quite an unstable game, but other than that didn't come across many bugs
+ Too many scenes that can't be skipped
+ Vehicles still a bit twitchy

Overall an enjoyable game and certainly much better than Far Cry 2! Glad I didn't pay full price for it though, wait for a sale.

Soldato
Shadow Warrior - 9/10

Pro's
+ Excellent game length
+ Best melee combat system in an FPS game to date
+ Can use the katana for the entire game if you want and never feel gimped to use guns
+ Good voice acting
+ Tongue in cheek humour and good character development
+ Graphics are superb, seriously
+ Dismemberment fully implemented, which is a major plus for katana swordplay
+ Interesting storyline
+ No waypoints telling you were to go, instead just a flashing doorway and thats it

Con's
- I want a sequel, now

Soldato
Max Payne 3 - 7/10

Great Graphics and decent action when it happens, but there are about 100 cut scenes that get in the way.
Was nice to finish it though, and I applaud Rockstar for trying something a little different with the franchise.

Soldato
GTA: V

Such a fun game, it felt like Vice city all over again but even better.

Pros:

- vehicles are fun to use again
- I actually care about the characters
- the city is gorgeous and so realistic, so many times have I crashed into oncoming traffic because I was engrossed appreciating the views.
- side missions/games are awesome!

cons

- a little bit short compared to the other games
- no DLC yet! (yea yea i know im impatiant, but i want more!)

Fixed:p

Soldato
Remember Me. 6 out of 10. Reminded me a lot of Oni. Relatively strong core gameplay hamstrung by lack of budget and (so incredibly) on the rails gameplay. Secondary mechanics were interesting, but under explored. Fight sequences got to be infuriating and cheap when they mixed in invisible teleporting bosses with legions of respawning minions.

Soldato
^I'm deadly serious :)
Bear in mind however I didn't play the game until several months after release i.e. after the mega 4GB patch came out with improved graphics and a bunch of other fixes. I mean playing the game felt like being on the set of aliens at times, they nailed the sound effects, heck you've even got Bishop showing up.

I tried playing AVP classic not that long ago and it was awful, really showing its age.

Interesting - probably the first time I've read anything good about Colonial Marines. Is there any other evidence out there that it has now managed to become a good game?

Your credibility isn't helped by dissin' AvP though :eek:

Soldato
Tomb Raider - 8/10

Don't normally like on-rails stuff with QTEs but it was absolutely epic and had me hooked from start to finish. Excellent story with absolutely gorgeous jaw-dropping visuals. Nice to have puzzles mixed in with the action. :)

Associate
Interesting - probably the first time I've read anything good about Colonial Marines. Is there any other evidence out there that it has now managed to become a good game?

Your credibility isn't helped by dissin' AvP though :eek:

I still don't think he's being serious, I don't understand how you can patch fun in to that game.

I just finished Mass Effect, the first time I've played it since I completed it when it first came out, I'm enjoying it a lot more this time round and I've just started Mass Effect 2.
Finding the combat a lot smoother in this one but I would have preferred the weapon and inventory system from the first game.
Mass Effect 2 certainly feels a lot more console like than Mass Effect, Still a good game though.

Caporegime
Black Mesa: Source

I'm one of the odd people who actually enjoyed Xen in Half Life so I was disappointed that the game ended after the Lambda Core. I hear they'll be releasing this on Steam for a small fee, depending on how much they charge I would gladly buy this and play through it again. In fact it has made me fancy another play through of HL2 and both Episodes.

Caporegime
Black Mesa: Source

I'm one of the odd people who actually enjoyed Xen in Half Life so I was disappointed that the game ended after the Lambda Core. I hear they'll be releasing this on Steam for a small fee, depending on how much they charge I would gladly buy this and play through it again. In fact it has made me fancy another play through of HL2 and both Episodes.

I also liked Xen, and reading your comments makes me think about returning to the cinematic mod once again. Not sure what version is the latest...

Back
Top Bottom