The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Caporegime
Soldato
I wonder if episode 5 will be a story about 2 characters teased in episode 4, much like how in episode 2 we were teased about Bill, and we got a big story in episode 3.

I was correct about my previous observation about what episode 5 would likely entail, but then its pretty predictable as to what may happen anyway. Ticking a few extra diversity boxes along the way.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That was gripping and highly emotional. Loved it.

The child clicker was so good and creepy, the way she moved through the car!

Joel shaking while frantically trying to save Ellie with the rifle, chefs kiss. Really felt that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can see what they were going for but just didn’t work for me, episode 3.

Skipped the gross bits, was not invested at all in their relationship so the impact of the events had no real effect / weight.

I could see it being a great episode if I was invested at all in the relationship of the couple, their journey, love and ending but just wasn’t for me. But appreciate not everything is made for me so great if you enjoyed it.
Gross bits? Are you 12?

Soldato
Just came across as a bimbo given a gun. Don't tell me her dumb decision of not taking action with the underground threat is gonna cost lives.
So
Did her no action of leaving the underground alone cost them their lives later? Seems like it. And that bloater? Hella strong withstanding bullets and ripping that moron's head off.

Soldato
So
Did her no action of leaving the underground alone cost them their lives later? Seems like it. And that bloater? Hella strong withstanding bullets and ripping that moron's head off.

I was worried we were heading towards villian of the season aka The Walking Dead. If it were TWD, Kathleen and her bodyguard would have been the whole seasons nemesis. Helluva shock to see them taking out like that. It's good though, Joel and Ellie leave carnage and move on to encounter new threats and new environments - something TWD stagnated with.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Can someone who played the game explain.

What that giant monster was that burst out of the ground?? I take it there creature bosses like that in this story.

Last edited:
Soldato
That episode was insane and incredible.

What that giant monster was that burst out of the ground?? I take it there creature bosses like that in this story.

There are different levels of infected depending on how long you've been infected. That was a bloater I think, almost unstoppable, and I think there is a level above them that's a concoction of multiple infected.

Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime

It's just a further stage of infection, like clicker is further on from the ones you saw in the episodes before

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom