The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Disagree - small example, how the dlc handled the flashback was infinitely better than the tv show.

Where has anyone been angry?

Folks have already explained why, trite dialogue, bad acting, went on for far too long.

I swear some folks dont read.
How do you know it was bad dialogue if you literally skipped it. How do you know it was bad acting if you skipped it. Duh.
if you are going to chuck in 13 year olds 1st lesbian romance at least make the characters hot :eek: :cry:
We can tell you weren’t paying attention. Riley said she was about to turn 17..

Last edited:
One of my absolute pet peeves is when people here "review" a movie and said "it was crap, I turned it off after 20mins, 0/10".

If someone watches 20mins of Alien and found it boring, they would miss everything after the hatching.

The Alien egg scene doesn't happen until 33 minutes in!

If somebody watched 20 mins of Alien, nobody would have even left the ship

Last edited:
We can tell you weren’t paying attention. Riley said she was about to turn 17..
Ellie was 13...

sounds an awful lot like she was groomed ;)

How do you know it was bad dialogue if you literally skipped it. How do you know it was bad acting if you skipped it. Duh.
Good writing isn't going to suddenly materialise 10/15 minutes into an episode.
Good acting between 2 characters who are the focus isn't suddenly going to appear 10/15 minutes into the episode.
Duh.

Last edited:
Good writing isn't going to suddenly materialise 10/15 minutes into an episode.
Good acting between 2 characters who are the focus isn't suddenly going to appear 10/15 minutes into the episode.
Duh.
If we take your argument to it's logical conclusion, then many people who didn't like Ellie in episode one should just fast forward all her bits in the series?

Last edited:
If we take your argument to its logical conclusion, then many people who didn't like Ellie in episode one should just fast forward all her bits in the series?
Why? Looks to me that you are conflating a character that's intentionally written as a stroppy, angsty teenager and a poorly written teen romance.

I won't be watching episode 7, the reaction will be a the same as it was to the DLC, a lesbian scene with a 13 year girl... is weird. But I guess it ticks boxes they wanted to tick....

I'll tune in for the last two just to see how faithful they are to first game.

Last edited:
Yeah, teenagers shouldn't have hormones and feelings :cry:

Why are people assuming she is 13 by the way? The DLC in the game happened about 3 weeks prior to Ellie meeting Joel.

Edit - And it's the same in the TV show, Ellie shows Tess and Joel her bite mark and says "This was 3 weeks ago, nobody lasts more than a day"

Last edited:
Im actually trying to think...wehn looking back..nothing much has actually really happnned in this show lol.
The clikers dont seem to feature at all. I know they are going for the whole "human" aspect, but we got all of that so many times.

I won't be watching episode 7, the reaction will be a the same as it was to the DLC, a lesbian scene with a 13 year girl... is weird. But I guess it ticks boxes they wanted to tick....

I'll tune in for the last two just to see how faithful they are to first game.

Imagine teenagers getting crushes for someone of the same sex when being kept in what is essentially a same sex boarding school :eek: its outrageous because that never happens in real life does it :rolleyes:

Yeah, teenagers shouldn't have hormones and feelings :cry:

Why are people assuming she is 13 by the way? The DLC in the game happened about 3 weeks prior to Ellie meeting Joel.
Still pretty groomerish behavior, switch it up and have Riley be called Bob, a guy thats nearly 17, would the usuals be cheering? Call me jaded but I highly doubt it.

Oh and any reason why you think that
If we take your argument to it's logical conclusion, then many people who didn't like Ellie in episode one should just fast forward all her bits in the series?

Still pretty groomerish behavior, switch it up and have Riley be called Bob, a guy thats nearly 17, would the usuals be cheering? Call me jaded but I highly doubt it.
"Grooming" LOL, Ellie gave her a peck on the mouth.

13 and 17 year old - Yes weird (Unless it was told as an infatuation crush, not recipricated by the older girl)

A 14 and 16 year old? Not that weird.

Oh and any reason why you think that
Because you said don't expect the acting to get better after 10-15 mins.

Plenty of people in this thread (I can quote them if you like) didn't like Ellie in episode 1.

Last edited:
"Grooming" LOL, Ellie gave her a peck on the mouth.

13 and 17 year old - Yes weird (Unless it was told as an infatuation crush, not recipricated by the older girl)

A 14 and 16 year old? Not that weird.
Pretty sure in the DLC dialogue it mentions that Ellie has just had her birthday.
Because you said don't expect the acting to get better after 10-15 mins.

Plenty of people in this thread (I can quote them if you like) didn't like Ellie in episode 1.
oh so you thought Ramsey's acting was pretty terrible and her scenes were badly written when she was introduced? Interesting.

See:
Episode 1 (let's call it), in 2003 was very good and I had a sense of dread through most of it (having played the game at least 3 times).

The
'beginning of the apocalypse'
has been done many times in movies like 'Dawn of the dead' (remake) but this one was done particularly well I thought, and had plenty of scenes from (or nods too), the game.

Episode 2 in 2023 wasn't quite as good but it had to do lots of World building. Setting up of the quarantine zone, Fireflys, FEDRA etc and general state of the World.

I can easily buy Bella Ramsey as a 14 year old in this. All the casting seemed good to me.

Last edited:
Following on from my suggestion that we ban Youtube diatribes in the TV threads, perhaps we should also remove users from threads about shows that they don't actually watch?

FWIW I don't think ep7 was the greatest, but I still enjoyed it. Annoyed we didn't get a 'conclusion' for the Joel situation, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom