The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Yea it was a great story and if it wasn't in this show and I somehow watched it I might think it was, but not something I tuned in for. We didn't need it, want it or feel like it adds to the story of Ellie being a cure for the world ending fungus...

I disagree about it not being needed/wanted.

For me, as someone with no other reference, it added well to Joel's background and dwindling support network. It showed that when Tess had previously asked him to get Ellie to Bill & Frank, it wasn't because that would be a final salvation, but just simply a safe place on which they could still rely. His best option was to go looking for two (now) old guys.

Yeah - was about 20 minute of interesting content, teased out over 40+ minutes which at least for me was just taking it way too far - but it is an important part of the backstory as mentioned above.

Yeah - was about 20 minute of interesting content, teased out over 40+ minutes which at least for me was just taking it way too far - but it is an important part of the backstory as mentioned above.
Is it that interesting really? Less is more quite often, I feel the same way now compared to when I played the dlc, doesn't really add that much.

Is it that interesting really? Less is more quite often, I feel the same way now compared to when I played the dlc, doesn't really add that much.

Adds some reasoning why Ellie acts like she does, shows some of the way the world is different to what we see as normal and how people growing up after such event would see things, etc. etc. but as you said it is a less is more kind of thing - interesting in a few minutes, not when teased out over an entire episode.

I almost get the feeling like the writers are writing for awards rather than what serves the show best - they are trying far too hard and over-embellishing the human story elements, etc.

Adds some reasoning why Ellie acts like she does, shows some of the way the world is different to what we see as normal and how people growing up after such event would see things, etc. etc. but as you said it is a less is more kind of thing - interesting in a few minutes, not when teased out over an entire episode.
Yeah, totally agree as mentioned a few times already :D
almost get the feeling like the writers are writing for awards rather than what serves the show best - they are trying far too hard and over-embellishing the human story elements, etc.
I think it's a bit of both, we're often told that zombie shows aren't about zombies but humanities behaviour towards one another, personally I would just like some decent 'zombie action' every now and then :D

Tbh, knowing what's to come I think it's going to feel as if the last 2 episodes are rushed story wise.

Back
Top Bottom