The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Joel's powers of recovery are quite super human. He went from being pretty much unconscious and motionless to winning a full on hand-to-hand fight to the death, and capturing two more, after a couple shots of penicillin and a few hrs.

Also the entire village must have been engrossed watching the latest episode of the last of us on TV, as not one of them was in the street or going about their business, whilst that building was on fire and when Joel and Ellie were limping away.

Some incredulity aside, it was a great episode.

Last edited:
Joel's powers of recovery are quite super human. He went from being pretty much unconscious and motionless to winning a full on hand-to-hand fight to the death, and capturing two more, after a couple shots of penicillin and a few hrs.

Also the entire village must have been engrossed watching the latest episode of the last of us on TV, as not one of them was in the street or going about their business, whilst that building was on fire and when Joel and Ellie were limping away.

Some incredulity aside, it was a great episode.

Fair criticisms.

In the game there is some dialogue after Ellie escapes the caged room where David tells a woman she has escaped and the woman says she will hide with the other families. Joel had killed most if not all the 'younger' men as well, they weren't a big community. Was less than 20 I think?

Tbf he...

Surprised the first guy with a knife straight to the neck, we don't see how he overpowered the 2nd but can only assume got the drop on him also - 3rd was due to a distraction from the 2nd

Your 2nd point however, was wondering where they all were too - can only assume they'd been told to go elsewhere while he dealt with Ellie - can't have your easily led religious freaks seeing you doing anything too nasty.

Last edited:
Yes, Joel did go from quite ill to quite strong very quickly.
He did, but to be fair everyone in that town looked pretty ill and weak. Much if a muchness, it’s a flaw that’s easy to overlook in a series like this.
Awww bless, look at you not understanding the difference between character development and moments of brutality by the same said character. Why am I not surprised.
lol you were literally whining about him being weak and then he does what he does in ep8. Just because you haven’t got the patience for a drama like this, no need to lash out.

Ahh, the cannibals, this episode is apparently decent.. But I've lost interest in this show at this stage, not much incentive to watch when you know game probably did it better anyway.

and possibly run into spoilers, i'd rather not. why be an asshat though? did my question offend you or something?!

It didn't offend me, it's just going over old ground.

Why would you run in to spoilers if you are following the thread from the start? These shows are released weekly and everyone discusses the show weekly.

Last edited:
It didn't offend me, it's just going over old ground.
so why bother replying to me then in the first place?!
Why would you run in to spoilers if you are following the thread from the start?
i've not been following the thread from the start - is that a requirement in order to post in here?
These shows are released weekly and everyone discusses the show weekly.
everyone does? everyone watches the show weekly......seems i'm not everyone.

but hey ho, cheers for being so helpful in the thread. always nice to be met with a positive, useful reply when posting in a thread for the first time.

It's not hard to go back and re-read what people are saying in the thread is what I meant, you are the one who has taken offence.
it's not hard to re-read what people are saying in the thread - without running into spoilers on the episodes i've not seen yet? and i've not taken offence at all, i'm just confused by your unnecessary post. if it was easy to navigate to the episode 3 only section of the thread and avoid spoilers i'd jump right in - can you point me where to start or do you prefer to just be obtuse?

it's not hard to re-read what people are saying in the thread - without running into spoilers on the episodes i've not seen yet? and i've not taken offence at all, i'm just confused by your unnecessary post. if it was easy to navigate to the episode 3 only section of the thread and avoid spoilers i'd jump right in - can you point me where to start or do you prefer to just be obtuse?
Page 20, post 393

Ahh, the cannibals, this episode is apparently decent.. But I've lost interest in this show at this stage, not much incentive to watch when you know game probably did it better anyway.
I think some were same-sex cannibals, if that perks your interest a bit more ?

Last edited:
In your shoes, i'd find out what date episode 4 was shown, then drop back to page 1, get a cuppa and have a leisurely read through ensuring I don't go past that date - i've done it before when getting into a show late that had an active thread, not sure if I had the cuppa though :D

Back
Top Bottom